1/32nd F-16C In Euro I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/32nd F-16C In Euro I

I've had this kit for about 20 years now (the instructions say "1991" on them), and I didn't want to paint it in the same, boring grey-on-grey paint scheme that 90% of the world's F-16's are painted in, so I decided to choose a little-known paint scheme from the '80s that was used experimentally on the F-16 at ADC in anticipation of it's use as a CAS fighter. The tests proved (or disproved) that the so-called "charcoal lizard" camouflage was only useful at low level over forested terrain, not so good at altitude or over other terrain. Since the "Hill grey" camo was easier & cheaper to apply, and provided roughly the same amount of camouflage as the "charcoal lizard" camo, the USAF stuck with the "Hill grey" camo. However, I still think it looks pretty cool, so that's why I did it. Anyway, here's how far I've gotten so far:

This is the box it (originally) came in back in the '90's; I also picked up Revell's 1/32nd F-16N at the same time, but that one's still on the shelf (it'll probably end up with a newer USAF Aggressor scheme as used out at Nellis eventually):

Here are (most) of the parts for it (after some assembly!):

And this is how far I've gotten:

I HOPE to finish painting it this weekend, and I'll post some more pictures (hopefully) next week (though, at the rate I complete projects, it'll probably be more like next month!).
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge
Working...
X