Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Military Photos

Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

//////////
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking it must fairly suck for those poor ba$stards in the last picture of the second post. If you're riding around in an armored vehicle and don't have some sort of solid headgear on, you're going to crack your noggin open after just a few bumps along the way
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

those photos were taken by pros, not something a fan/solider boy can do.

Comment

One thing has nothing to do with the other. I'm commenting on the headgear. I know that when I was in the IDF, if you didn't have a hard helmet on you weren't allowed in the tank while it's driving. The tank is all metal inside and one strong enough bump can split your skull like a ripe melon. Tanks take off road driving to a whole new definition. Instead of 4x4 is 24x24x2 (12 bogies on each side + 2 tracks. We made that one up ourselves)
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Head Gear?

Who cares about the headgear. I was looking at the photos and thinking it was another sh!tty night out on the range. Looked cold, wet, and muddy. Call me a wooze but that's the sh!t that got me tired of playing soldier.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                  Who cares about the headgear. I was looking at the photos and thinking it was another sh!tty night out on the range. Looked cold, wet, and muddy. Call me a wooze but that's the sh!t that got me tired of playing soldier.
                  That tanker shown in profile just looks cold.
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Russian tankers don't have hard helmets, those padded hats is what they always had, it works well as shock absorber
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                      Russian tankers don't have hard helmets, those padded hats is what they always had, it works well as shock absorber
                      It may work well, I tried one on when I was in and quickly went back to my Gentex helmet.

I actually liked those cold, wet and $hitty nights out at the range. I was inside the tank in warm gear so it really wasn't that cold for me, and the targets showed up so much better on the thermal sights. I managed to hit a target at 2.5 kms with a 20mm Inbore Subcalibre Training Device because it showed up so clearly on the thermal. Won a bottle of Coke from my TC over that bet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                        One thing has nothing to do with the other. I'm commenting on the headgear. I know that when I was in the IDF, if you didn't have a hard helmet on you weren't allowed in the tank while it's driving. The tank is all metal inside and one strong enough bump can split your skull like a ripe melon. Tanks take off road driving to a whole new definition. Instead of 4x4 is 24x24x2 (12 bogies on each side + 2 tracks. We made that one up ourselves)
                        My point was that the Russian is spending money on professional PR productions, a major break from the past. Even if their helmet can be traced back to WWII, the camera the photographer used was not. (Canon EOS 5D Mark II)

Comment

(Canon EOS 5D Mk II)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X