indian secreat laser weapon Kali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highsea
    In junior high school, I took 1 year of algebra, then in high school I had geometry, another year of algebra, then trig as a junior, then calculus as a senior (it was really pre-calc). Then in college, one more year of calculus that ran concurrent with the 200 series general chem.

You need to take calculus concurrent with 200 series general chemistry. If you try to take them separate, you won't pass the chem. Then you will have a year of organic and inorganic, one year of quant and qual, then field studies (for a B.S).

I did it the hard way, usually you would take pre-calc and 100 series chemistry as a freshman. I skipped both of these classes, and took 200 series chem and calc my first year- I don't recommend this.

If you want to do post graduate studies in biochem or toxicology, you need to take all the biology you can as an undergrad. I took the other sciences, geology, astronomy, physics, etc. mostly for fun.

I can't overstress the math- take as much as you can get. If you flunk, take it again. I had to take college calc twice to post a good grade- the first time I took it, it got me through chem. Then I took it again to improve my grade (which was a "D" ). Don't give up on the math, it's the most important thing (teaches your brain how to think logically).
    oh boy, Math, Geometry is good, i'm good at that, especially Trigonometry, Algebra=mediocre, and calculus=i'll figure it out

so, what is your profession, and by doing all of this, how many fields will be available to me, is there a large demand for people with this type of knowledge?
    for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Originally posted by Dima
      ...so, what is your profession, and by doing all of this, how many fields will be available to me, is there a large demand for people with this type of knowledge?
      I retired from aerospace in 1994- I was a manufacturing engineer. Basically, I figured out production processes, did machine programming, made engineering drawings, wrote plannings, material and heat treat specs, designed tooling, and did production control work, some inspection, that kind of stuff. Today I mostly loaf around, I ran a 105' Sportfisher for a year in Alaska and Mexico/Costa Rica, I do some computer troubleshooting and network design/security for companies, etc.

If you can do the math, you can pretty much pick any field, from the sciences and engineering fields, to computers and electronics, aviation, whatever. If you can't handle higher math, you will be a teacher, business person, or any of the various blue collar trades.

If you don't know what you want to be, keep up with the math, and you keep your options open. Any high tech company will hire someone with a math degree, they don't care- they are willing to teach someone who has shown the ability to handle higher math.
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

"oh boy, Math, Geometry is good, i'm good at that, especially Trigonometry, Algebra=mediocre, and calculus=i'll figure it out"
        Geometry=I'm great at that; took Honors cuorse in 8th grade
        Algebra=Great at that, too.
        Trigonometry=Excellent at that also. I'm taking the Honors course right now as a Freshman (Also I skiped 3rd grade)
        Calculus=I'll figure that out when I'm a junior in AP Calc.
        Other science courses Im REALLY good at. I was the only A/A+ in my Honors Bio class.
        To me, it's surprising that so many people are "stupid".

Comment

cool

sniper, do you actually like Math, or you're good just at it?

how old are you snipe?, i'm only in Grade 10, got a long way to go, what are you hoping to be?
          for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Kinda both, actually; I did well in geometry but HATED it, and am doing very well in Trig.
            I'm 14, a 9th grader who skipped third grade.
            When I turn 18, I'm moving permanently to my dad's farm for life, as well as joining the army, and hopefully joining the EOD (Yes, I will get to use those new remote-control rats).
            http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7302

Comment

lol
              wow, you're 14, skipped grade 3, cool, 15 in grade 10, skipped grade 2, on the same day my teacher went away, i went striaght to Grade 3, very scary for me

when were you born

for me

November 20, 1989

yea, i'm thinking of joining the military, but i'm not sure how i'll cope with my education at the same time, so i'm thinking of joining a Military College(which is really a University) i wonder if you still get some military training at the same time, because i really want to get involved in the military, probably sniper, i'm good with an M4 Bushmaster so far at 100 meters, i got em all in the black and one bullseye, not bad for my first time shooting a gun ever ehh?
              for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Here is some stuff on Kali that I found on the Net, can't find the link, but this is old information (circa late 90s):

MUMBAI, Aug 18 (PTI)

The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (Barc) here is in the final stages of assembling a powerful electron accelerating machine named ''Kali-5000``which, its scientists say, can potentially be used as a beam weapon.

Bursts of microwaves packed with gigawatts of power (one gigawatt is 1000 million watts) produced by this machine, when aimed at enemy missiles and aircraft, will cripple their electronics systems and computer chips and bring them down.

According to scientists, ''soft killing`` by high power microwaves has advantages over the so called laser weapon which destroys by drilling holes through metal.

Kali-5000 will be ready for testing by the end of this year, according to Mr P H Ron, head of the accelerator and pulse power division at Barc and chief designer of India`s first star wars weapon.

However, in the present form India`s beam weapon is too bulky - it weighs 26 tonnes - including tanks containing 12000 litres of oil. Mr Ron said some ''compacting`` was possible.

He said Kali (kilo-ampere linear injector) machine was developed for industrial applications and that the defence use was a recent spinoff. He, however, declined to elaborate.

Describing it as a machine ''bordering basic research,`` Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Rajagopalan Chidambaram admitted in an interview that it has military potential. ''There are some technologies we have to be in touch with because they may become useful (later),`` he said.

Development of the Kali machine was mooted in 1985 by Dr Chidambaram, then director of Barc, but work earnestly began in 1989.

Mr Ron said the machine essentially generated pulses of highly energetic electrons. Other components in the machine down the line converted the electrons into flash x-rays (for ultra high-speed photography) or microwaves. The electron beam itself can be used for welding.

The Defence Balistics Research Institute in Chandigarh is already using an x-ray version of Kali to study speed of projectiles.

WORK IN BANGALORE: Another defence institute in Bangalore is using a microwave-producing version of Kali which the scientists use for testing the vulnerability of the electronic systems going into the light combat aircraft under development and designing electrostatic shields to protect them from microwave attack by the enemy.

According to Barc scientists, the Kali machine has for the first time provided India a way to ''harden`` the electronic systems used in satellites and missiles against the deadly electromagnetic impulses (Emi) generated by nuclear weapons.

The Emi wrecks havoc by creating intenseelectric field of several thousand volts per centimetre. The electronic components currently used in missiles can withstand fields of Just 300 volts per centimetre.

While the Kali systems built so far are single shot pulse power systems (they produce one burst of microwaves and the next burst comes much later), Kali-5000 is a rapid fire device, and hence its potential as a beam weapon.

According to Barc-published reports, the machine will shoot several thousand bursts of microwaves, each burst lasting for just 60 billionths of a second and packed with a power of about four gigawatts.

The high power microwave pulses travel in a straight line and do not dissipate their energy if the frequency falls between three and ten gigahertz.

According to Barc scientists, a microwave power of 150 megawatts has already been demonstrated in earlier versions of Kali.
                I don't know how to post a pic or would have. It can probly be found on the BARC (bhabha atomic research/reactor center) link.

Kind Regards,
                USS.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                  "oh boy, Math, Geometry is good, i'm good at that, especially Trigonometry, Algebra=mediocre, and calculus=i'll figure it out"
                  Geometry=I'm great at that; took Honors cuorse in 8th grade
                  Algebra=Great at that, too.
                  Trigonometry=Excellent at that also. I'm taking the Honors course right now as a Freshman (Also I skiped 3rd grade)
                  Calculus=I'll figure that out when I'm a junior in AP Calc.
                  Other science courses Im REALLY good at. I was the only A/A+ in my Honors Bio class.
                  To me, it's surprising that so many people are "stupid".
                  Where the hell do u study??!! Im a freshman and i am taking honors geometry, even tho i am good enough to be doing pre-cal. They wouldn't let me skip, becoz its school policy not to let anyone skip. But then, I go to the best school in state. Tennessee btw.

Comment

Working...
                  X