Does America have enough security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does America have enough security?

Ask yourself that now, after 9/11, look at how many people tried to break our system. You know why you can count those people? Becuase they failed. How many people broke into "Area 51?" Just one, but he was killed later. Try to kill the President now, you will not be able to. American security is tight, but is it enough?

Mexicans have gotten into lower U.S. through unsecure borders. We try, but that boarder is just too dang (no profanity) big! Unless you want higher taxes, America will still be insecure. IF we increase taxes slightly, we just might be able to build a gaint wall around the U.S. Think about! This is the year 2005 (hopefully), sci-fi is now "sci-true." We can build 120 feet of concrete surrounding the U.S., China almost did, now its our turn. Mount AAs and other heavy weaponary on top of it, and America will be completly safe!

Vote, is this a good idea? I will vote later.
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%
    "In god we trust. All others we monitor."

No such thing as enough or too much security.

At the same time though, there is no such thing as infallable or airtight security either.

Comment

The Mexicans can just dig under the wall can't they?

Comment

Any unwanted visitors can use poles – and jump over wall in Olympiad manner.

Comment

Even a 12 foot high concrete one? Then I say we build guard towers with .50 and M60 MGs, no more illegal immigrants, drug runners, terrorists, etc coming over ... unless they want to die.

Yes I know the cost would be HUGE but its either a wall or we risk another 9/11 as well as increased crime, health care/education costs, etc that all result from the illegal immigrants.

Comment

extensive minefields with mounted patrols ought to get it done. :)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              extensive minefields with mounted patrols ought to get it done. :)
              But what about the babies and the children? even the animals?

For those who are too dense to understand, the above statement is a sarcastic comment.

Your tax dollars busy at educating the ignored uneducated masses.

Comment

The babies and women should stay away from the thousands of skull and crossbones signs along the entire perimeter of the double layer 10 foot barbwire fence methinx....

Julie, i have a job for you and your company. :)
                Last edited by Bill; 24 Apr 05,, 15:36.

Comment

2 regular chain link fences with a mine field between...
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Topped with barbed wire, and with concertina wire running along the base of both fences.

And mounted patrols, preferably K-9. With FLIR.

And an attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                      Topped with barbed wire, and with concertina wire running along the base of both fences.
                      You're making it too hard to get to the mines...
                      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Pull out of Iraq, move Army 4 divisions to the Mexican border, invade and create a mined secuirty zone on the other side of the border (don't want to emplace mines on our own soil). Back these men up with tanks, self propelled artillery and airmobile assault troops. Put up sensors and mines and push the Mexican population back 60 miles from our mutual border. Increase the size of the border patrol force a couple of times over.

Illegal aliens would just be a bad memory. After that deal with El Salvador and call it a day.
                        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

8' height fence with razor wire at the top AND bottom will do alot of good. I'm not in favor of the mine idea, since I'm a humanitarian, but it would not hurt for propoganda purposes to issue brochures in Mexico insinuating that the mines do exist on the border. :)

Comment

Sounds like an over reaction to me to fence the US – Mexico border from a terrorism perspective.

I say that as I have only come across a single instance of a terrorist attempting to infiltrate into the US via the Mexican border. That attempt was by a South African woman with questionable “ Pakistani affiliations “ , Farida Goolam Mahomed Ahmed
                            ( Link ) I am not even sure if in the end this turned out to be a terrorism case or not. Neither for that matter have Mexican’s displayed a propensity for international terrorism that even comes close to Algerian’s, Pakistani’s, Saudi’s, Tunisian’s or Yemeni’s.

Again from a drug smuggling perspective, perhaps an over reaction. I doubt a fence is going to have any appreciable impact. As far as I know the bulk of drugs transiting through Mexico go either over the border in planes or are smuggled in at official border crossing points.

OTOH, from an illegal immigration perspective it makes sense.

Mining though is a bad idea. Mines have a tendency to migrate over time due to soil movements and rodents. In India the demining operation in the aftermath of Operation Parakram was complicated by this factor. The Mexicans would be truly pissed if a US mine migrated and caused death to one of her nationals.

Comment

I studied Mexican illegal immigration in anthropology and I learned something disturbing. There is a wall that was built a few years back, that is not the disturbing part. What is disturbing is that it was built with FOOTHOLDS so the Mexicans can climb over it. Border security is just theatre to make people believe the government actually wants to keep immigrants out.

Comment

Working...
                              X