Heuschrecke IVb 10,5cm le.F.H.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heuschrecke IVb 10,5cm le.F.H.18

The Heuschrecke 10 (German: Grasshopper 10) was a prototype self-propelled gun and Waffenträger (German: "Weapon carrier") developed by Krupp-Gruson between 1943 and 1944. The official designation of the vehicle was 105 mm leichte Feldhaubitze 18/1 L/28 auf Waffenträger Geschützwagen IVb and it was to be built in Magdeburg, Germany. The Heuschrecke featured a removable turret that could be deployed as a pillbox or towed behind the vehicle as an artillery piece.

Krupp produced only three prototypes from 1942–1943, which were given serial numbers 582501–582503. The Heuschrecke initially made use of a shortened Panzerkampfwagen IV (Panzer IV) chassis, but was later switched to the Geschützwagen IV chassis developed for the Hummel self propelled gun. Mass production of the Heuschrecke 10 was scheduled to start in February 1945, but never eventuated.

Another magnificent model, Nord! And a very unusual one... I was not aware that such a beast existed. Kind of like a "Transformer" toy. "It's a TANK!" "No, it's a PILLBOX" "No, it's a TOWED FIELD GUN!"

I wonder if the concept was this - in the event of a track problem, mobility kill, whatever... we can still drag the main gun along and make use of it.

Comment

Hehe, that`s probably what they had in mind...

Comment

btw: Locust would be a better translation of the name in my opinion.

Comment

Admin, I need to edit my posts....

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
            Admin, I need to edit my posts....
            Shoot me the links and I'll insert them into your previous posts and then tidy up the thread :)
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Just start the links by "http://www.embassy.se/armor/Images" aso, instead.....

Thanks!

Comment

Just start the links by "http://www.embassy.se/armor/Images" aso, instead.....

Thanks!
                Can't access it :(
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Here`s an example...

Comment

Same thing, I've tried to go to embassy.se but I can't find the links to Armor etc.

By the way, it's best if you upload the pictures to our server, hotlinking from other sites is discourage to say the least (unless of course you own the site :) )

Comment

I will upload new later on... Takes alot of time. :)

Comment

Working...
                      X