Iranian Missile Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian Missile Sites

Been doing some work with the history of the USN operations pre and post Preying Mantis and I've been studying the imagery of the Persian Gulf islands and came across a bunch of what appear to be missile battery sites on most if not all of the islands.

3 on Larak Island
    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

2 on Hormuz Island

And a whole bunch of goodies on Lesser Tonb, including what appears to be a subterranean facility under construction.

Anybody have an idea what kind of weapons are used here? The positions all have the same 3-fingered design, and face the open waters of the Hormuz, so my first guess is for Silkworm missiles or similar ASM's, but I could be wrong.

PS, sorry for the links, I woulda posted pics but I cant figure out how to screenshot em.
    You know JJ, Him could do it....

I didn't actually see an launchers. Probably pre-leveled pads for truck mounted C-802's

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
      I didn't actually see an launchers. Probably pre-leveled pads for truck mounted C-802's
      Yea, neither could I so figured they might be either unmanned till the S hits the fan or they have mobile shoot-n-scoot launchers that use em.

Looking at them more, I'm wondering why the 3-part design...my limited knowledge says maybe the smaller sites are for crew or electronics positions away from the firing area, but now I'm thinking maybe it was for stacking ammo used by artillery or AA guns during the Iran/Iraq war now used for missile launchers.
      You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Just in from Reuters .

Reuters

Iran urged Russia on Tuesday not to bow to Western pressure over the sale of a Russian missile defence system to the Islamic Republic which could protect its nuclear facilities from air strikes.

A cleric in the Revolutionary Guards again warned Iran would hit back with missiles fired at "the heart of Tel Aviv" if it were attacked by its arch-foe Israel.

Russia is under intense Western pressure to distance itself from Iran in a dispute over Tehran's nuclear programme, but has refused to rule out delivering the S-300 anti-aircraft system.

Iranian officials have expressed growing irritation at Russia's failure so far to supply the S-300, which Israel and the United States do not want Tehran to have.

"Iran expects Russia not to be influenced and pressured by other countries," Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told a news conference.

"We hope this issue will reach a conclusion in the framework of our agreements," he said.

Analysts say the S-300 could help Iran thwart any attempt by Israel or the United States -- which have refused to rule out military action if diplomacy fails to resolve the atomic row -- to bomb its nuclear facilities.

The truck-mounted S-300PMU1, known in the West as the SA-20, can shoot down cruise missiles and aircraft. It has a range of 150 km (90 miles) and travels at more than two km per second.

Washington is seeking support from Russia for tougher U.N. sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme, which the West suspects is intended to produce nuclear weapons. Tehran says it is for power generation only.

Israel has hinted it could attack Iran in an effort to prevent it from obtaining nuclear weapons. Iran has threatened to retaliate for any attack by firing missiles at Israel, which is believed to have the Middle East's only atomic arsenal.

"If Iran's enemies target the country with their missiles, before the dust settles, the dust of our missiles will be seen in the heart of Tel Aviv," the semi-official Fars news agency quoted cleric Mojtaba Zolnour as saying.

Zolnour, who has made similar statements before, is a deputy of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's representative in the elite Guards force

Comment

A cleric in the Revolutionary Guards again warned Iran would hit back with missiles fired at "the heart of Tel Aviv" if it were attacked by its arch-foe Israel.

*Yeah yeah, we hear it all the time so lets bring it to a conclusion then.

1)Shut down the weapons program and abide by the NPT.
          2)If not then perhaps Israel does it for you.
          3)You fire missles on Tel Aviv.
          4)Israel lights your ass up glowing green.

Problem solved, the regime gone, nuclear program destroyed and Iran under sanctions for the next 50 years as the rest of civilization evolve and the world turns. Iran when it reemerges will still be trying to remaster the concept of the "wheel". And her "arch enemies" far more powerful then Iran will ever be again and in no worry of attacks by a country thrust light years into the past. And dinnerjacket and the assahola can explain it to the people why this has happened before both get executed by a rioting populist that has zero infastructure and zero future to look forward to.

Thank the regime because we wont give a shit if it happens! You brought it upon yourselves through your leaders poor choice of words and actions!:P

A win/win.

Iran out of the picture and no longer a threat to any country (Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebannon, Israel, Turkey) nor infiltrating their governments as they have done before. Hezbollah and Hamas and Iraqs/Afghans insurgency no longer have funding and training via Iran so they are seriously hobbled. Palestinians and Israel can now make a real peace and the ME is quiet one again and hopefully for a long time to come.

*It all points to one place and one place only! BOOM!;)
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 06 Apr 10,, 17:09.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Palestinians and Israel can now make a real peace
            How? There does not seem to be much left for the Pals to set up shop in what with all these settlements.

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw92 View Post
              How? There does not seem to be much left for the Pals to set up shop in what with all these settlements.
              Time is the big factor for both to get what they want. The longer they wait, the more settlements get built, and Israel wont care what the US says. Israel rite now has their eyes affixed in one direction and its not the Palestinians.;)
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Lesser Tunb Island
                The Arkenstone: Lesser Tunb Island Analysis

Comment

Working...
                X