What does PAK FA T 50 mean for India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does PAK FA T 50 mean for India?

Will some one will tell me what does this fighter jet will mean for India? The Indian media calls it Indo-Russian collabaration while Russian media calls it entirely Russian product.
    Indian prime minister says he will help fund it but he is mum on whether India will buy it !!!
    W.T.F. he means by it??
    In Indian Express newspaper during the recent visit by Vladimir Putin the two pages of paid Russian advertisement is explicitly silent on PAK FA T-50. Not a good sign according to me for the IAF about an aircraft whose letter has the abbreviation of arch enemy Pakistan on it

Oh, if I was Indian, I would enjoy having "PAKistan-Fu**** Aircraft" in our Air Force's inventory.

Btw, if India doesn't want to buy PAK FA, there are always countries willing to buy it.

Comment

It's years away from being ready.

Comment

Yeah, no kidding. First they have to build it...
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I think the Indian professional community is divided on the subject of Russia-India cooperation. I read several blogs and forums and it seems there are polar positions. Many enthusiasts are on the Bharat Rakshak forum. On other sites, including this board, skeptics prevail.

Comment

In Russia too there are different opinions. Some bloggers question the rationality of sharing sensitive technology with other countries, especially with those which hold their own far-reaching geopolitical ambitions.

Comment

Originally posted by raghavmundra200 View Post
              Will some one will tell me what does this fighter jet will mean for India? The Indian media calls it Indo-Russian collabaration while Russian media calls it entirely Russian product.
              Indian prime minister says he will help fund it but he is mum on whether India will buy it !!!
              W.T.F. he means by it??
              In Indian Express newspaper during the recent visit by Vladimir Putin the two pages of paid Russian advertisement is explicitly silent on PAK FA T-50. Not a good sign according to me for the IAF about an aircraft whose letter has the abbreviation of arch enemy Pakistan on it
              in the coming decade two major aircraft programs
              the UAC/HAL MTA
              and the PAK-FA
              In both of these programs funding will be shared and major part of the work will be done by Russian firms, as they have more experience, these programs ensure that the arms trade will continue at previous levels.

The GoI funds the development and then based on what is developed from the program, releases funds for purchase.

Comment

From what I've read elsewhere PAK-FA is too big and expensive for India to develop even in joint venture with Russia. A smaller plane is intended to be in design.
                We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

I've heard a newspaper report cite an unnamed Indian AF or MoD source saying that the Indian PAK-FA would have a RCS of 0.5m2, which frankly sounds ridiculous. If that's true, India might as well just buy the SU-35BM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                    I've heard a newspaper report cite an unnamed Indian AF or MoD source saying that the Indian PAK-FA would have a RCS of 0.5m2, which frankly sounds ridiculous. If that's true, India might as well just buy the SU-35BM.

A little graph for those who still believe in the 0.0001 square meter RCS wonder of the F-22.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
                      From what I've read elsewhere PAK-FA is too big and expensive for India to develop even in joint venture with Russia. A smaller plane is intended to be in design.
                      India's GDP will be a lot more than Russia's by the time the PAK-FA enters service so i doubt India can't afford what Russia can..

As I gather from forums a lot of the hesitance from India to put money into the project is due to the fact that for a 5 billion dollar investment plus 100 million per jet purchase of 200 jets,India get hardly anything as tech..better goes the argument is put that money in the MCA which is funded today by a paltry 1 billion dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post
                        In Russia too there are different opinions. Some bloggers question the rationality of sharing sensitive technology with other countries, especially with those which hold their own far-reaching geopolitical ambitions.
                        There is no major country in the world other than India which shares the same Russian world view in most matters...the only place where they disagree is that India is not going to join any anti-American block with Russia.That will never happen and even Putin seems to have reconciled to that.

Comment

Originally posted by calass View Post
                          ...the only place where they disagree is that India is not going to join any anti-American block with Russia.That will never happen and even Putin seems to have reconciled to that.
                          I think you are misinterpreting Russia’s intentions.
                          We don’t hammer together any anti-american blocks. Russia is just playing strategic competitors against each other so as to squeeze out benefits for itself as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
                            Joint Manufacturing of Aircraft
                            17:27 IST
                            /LOK SABHA/

India and Russia signed Inter Governmental Agreements (IGA) for Co-development and Co-Production for Multi Role Transport Aircraft (MTA) on November 12, 2007 and for a Prospective Multi Role Fighter Aircraft (PMF) on October 18, 2007.

The percentage share of investment by the Indian side towards development will be 50 % each for both aircraft. The Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) would be comparable to the best of its type/class in the world. The project would be set up in India, as well as in Russia. MTA & FGFA, both are design and development programmes. It is estimated that the aircraft would be inducted by the Indian Air Force in the 13th Plan period.

This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM Pallam Raju in a written reply to Shri Tufani Saroj in Lok Sabha today.

PK / RAJ
                            PIB Press Release

Comment

Originally posted by calass View Post
                              India's GDP will be a lot more than Russia's by the time the PAK-FA enters service so i doubt India can't afford what Russia can..

As I gather from forums a lot of the hesitance from India to put money into the project is due to the fact that for a 5 billion dollar investment plus 100 million per jet purchase of 200 jets,India get hardly anything as tech..better goes the argument is put that money in the MCA which is funded today by a paltry 1 billion dollars.
                              It never denies a desire to have more planes, cheaper to produce and to support.
                              Though I'm fully agree with second part.

kuku, thanks. I understand India's position and I'm fully agree with it.
                              We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Working...
                              X