what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think?

what do you guys think of the m16a4 with olny a 3 round burst and single shot?

as far as i know we are the olny country to use a full length rifle with 3 round burst. even canada who has a m16 version but is a full auto option( its basicly a m16a2).

Having full auto in an M-16 is useful for about 5 seconds then the magazine is empty. You then have to reload. Considering I never want to carry 1000+ rounds in mags for my rifle, and I don't have the tigger control to consistantly get the burst legnth I want with a service rifle M-16 i'm perfectly acceptable with the burst capability. The M-16 A2 was a 3 round burst rifle. M-16 a1 was full auto to fix your earlier assertation about Canadian firearms. The A-3 was also full auto. For the average troop I'd rather have a 3 round burst than full auto. Full auto belongs in squad automatic weapons and light machine guns on the platoon level it doesn't really belong in the main firearm of your average troop.

Comment

oh sorry i read the sentence wrong from the book. "the canadian forces moved to 5.56mm in 1984 and adopted the US m16 rifle; this they later changed for the c7, whitch is the US M16A2 design but with full-automatic option rather then the 3 round-burst as favored by the US army."

ok so i read it wrong but i was correct about them useing a full-auto m-16 version.
      why do you think they would do this even with what you stated? But then again im not sure if they replaced the c7 either.

Comment

The full auto may be availble but I know of no drill and no sgt who would tolerate the usage.

Comment

well it seems it was replaced i think about 2 years later by the c7a2 with 3 round-burst. i did look at some videos and it seemed that some troops were given the c7a1 but the rifles were never sent over when canada when to iraq.
          Last edited by wellman; 07 Mar 10,, 19:14.

Comment

JTF-2 would have been using MNP-5s.

Comment

Working...
            X