chinas t99km

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinas t99km

anybody heard of this monster, 75 tons, 155 mm cannon,new upgraded laser defenses,supposed to be able to take on 2 to 3 ,t90"s or m1"s, they finished all the design work ,going into prototype stage for up to 200 being built.just read a release on a chinese forum..

dont mean to reply to myself ,but they say that this tank and their technology is at least 10 years beyond the u.s and russia,and germany.and as i"m typing this i hear a roar so me and my 3 year old run out on the deck to see two a/10 warthogs/tankbusters,no kidding, bracket my house at treetop level,what a set of engines,screeeeechhhhh...thats 2 years in a row know,cooll,cool.
    Last edited by biteasaur; 01 Mar 10,, 20:50.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.:)
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

biteasaur

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
        anybody heard of this monster, 75 tons, 155 mm cannon,new upgraded laser defenses,supposed to be able to take on 2 to 3 ,t90"s or m1"s, they finished all the design work ,going into prototype stage for up to 200 being built.just read a release on a chinese forum..

Keep an eye on that forum for us, its only a matter of time before a beautifully rendered CGI model makes an appearance. I have a strong suspicion what is going to be posted :) You can do great things with even Google Sketch up these days lol.

Thats not what im expecting, I expect this to get posted, its done the rounds before claiming all sorts of wonderous capabilities lol!!!!

Apologies for small size, but its the best I can find after a quick google.

Regards

Arty
        "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
          dont mean to reply to myself ,but they say that this tank and their technology is at least 10 years beyond the u.s and russia,and germany.and as i"m typing this i hear a roar so me and my 3 year old run out on the deck to see two a/10 warthogs/tankbusters,no kidding, bracket my house at treetop level,what a set of engines,screeeeechhhhh...thats 2 years in a row know,cooll,cool.
          75 Tons, 155mm gun, 10 years ahead of the US, Russia and Germany?

75 Tons = Major mobility, cost, reliability, and a prime target for a maverick

155mm gun, Why? 120mm is enough to knock out targets at around visual limit.

10 Years ahead of US? Did the Chinese jump 20 years?

Russia exposing Chinese latest 99KM tank - China Tour

According to the Russian "Tank Report" reported that when the Russian side is still looking forward to the time that T-95 tank comes out, the Chinese designers have quietly completed testing the latest main battle tank 99KM. What’s different from the previously developed Chinese tanks is that 99KM tank is equipped with a modular, active protection system that can more effectively resist attacks from the serial high-explosive anti-tank weapons. It is at least 10 years advance than others in the world. China's tank factory will manufacture first batch of more than 200 tanks of 99KM. The report also said, 99KM-type tank is also equipped with an improved type of JD-4-active laser defense system. At present, among the modern tanks which have been in service worldwide, there is no one tank equipped with any kind of similar defense system. This unique feature will undoubtedly enable 99KM tanks become an extremely dangerous opponent on the battlefield. The power of a 99KM is equivalent to 2 ~ 3 T-90 or M1A1 tank.
          Not to sound skeptical but are they also making the death star?
          Last edited by cr9527; 01 Mar 10,, 21:55.

Comment

thanks for the link,me and my my computer still cant post links,i"ve tried.now back to the tank,yeah it"s hard to believe,i know,but the amount of weapons they are cranking out is amazing,are they getting ready for doomsday".

Comment

In a phrase, HORSE PUCKEY! It all came from one report that has no picture, no reference, no source, just that someone unnamed from an unknown organization said something.

Comment

They must be getting lessons from the Iranian arms industry...

Comment

this "breast" does not fit into the current or future PLA doctrine.

Armored-Fist is not their "thing" -- they are breaking what little remaining of their armor divisions into battalion battlegroups.
                  “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

I'm not sure if the weight would be a problem; the most recent variants of the M1A2 are at 75 tons, iirc. The infrastructure in most of East Asia should probably also be capable of supporting such a weight.

On the other hand, like I said on the other forum (which is down? hacked?), there's no substantiation for such a claim and 155mm tank guns have been rumored forever.

For the Chinese, since the Soviet threat is essentially dead, there's no real front where advanced armor is useful. To the east war will be fought through navies and marines, to the south jungle blocks armor, at the southwest border the terrain is too mountainous, at the northwest border none of the bordering states pose a threat.

I suppose the only possible use of armor would be in a major war over Tibet, assuming the InA gets past the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Inst View Post
                      I'm not sure if the weight would be a problem; the most recent variants of the M1A2 are at 75 tons, iirc. The infrastructure in most of East Asia should probably also be capable of supporting such a weight.
                      Note that there are 3 tons out there, short, long and metric, although the second is less common and rather close to the metric one. I have only heard of the M1A2 SEP being 70 short tons or 63 metric. The Merkava is supposed to be heavier at 65 metric.

For the Chinese, since the Soviet threat is essentially dead, there's no real front where advanced armor is useful. To the east war will be fought through navies and marines, to the south jungle blocks armor, at the southwest border the terrain is too mountainous, at the northwest border none of the bordering states pose a threat.
                      You might be surprised about the use of armour to the south. The Singapore Army bought Leopard 2A4s and I don't think they were planning to use them in urban warfare to defend their city.

Comment

But the Vietnam border disputes have apparently been resolved.

Regarding weight, I believe that's with the TUSK installed. That adds considerable amounts of reactive armor and slat armor to improve urban survivability.

I can't really find an exact weight on it, unfortunately; that seems to be classified.

Comment

The heaviest tank in the world currently is the Leo2A6M/CAN used by the Canadian forces.

Comment

and there's no unclassified information on the L2A6M's weight either.

Comment

Originally posted by Inst View Post
                              and there's no unclassified information on the L2A6M's weight either.
                              Well kinda, Frpado reports the Strv 122 which si basically a 2A5/2A6 at 62,000kg. he CAN variant adds more armor and anti-mine plating so its obviously heavier. We do know the A5/A6 took the Leo from class 60 to class 70 so the A5+ itself is over 60 metric tons. This puts it in the range of the Abrams and Merkava. The M adds more weight, and the CAN goes even further.

Comment

Working...
                              X