U.S. Sells Arms to South Asian Rivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Sells Arms to South Asian Rivals

"The Obama administration is sharply expanding American weapons transfers to both India and Pakistan"

Keep the balance, they will ask for more.

U.S. Sells Arms to South Asian Rivals - WSJ.com

Come you masters of war,You that build the big guns,You that build the death planes,
    You that build all the bombs, You that hide behind walls, You that hide behind desks
    I just want you to know, I can see through your masks,

You that never done nothin' But build to destroy, You play with my world, Like it's your little toy, You put a gun in my hand, And you hide from my eyes, And you turn and run farther, When the fast bullets fly,

Like Judas of old, You lie and deceive, A world war can be won, You want me to believe, But I see through your eyes, And I see through your brain, Like I see through the water, That runs down my drain, You fasten the triggers, For the others to fire,Then you set back and watch, When the death count gets higher, You hide in your mansion, As young people's blood, Flows out of their bodies, And is buried in the mud,

You've thrown the worst fear, That can ever be hurled, Fear to bring children Into the world, For threatening my baby, Unborn and unnamed, You ain't worth the blood,
    That runs in your veins, How much do I know, To talk out of turn,

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
      "The Obama administration is sharply expanding American weapons transfers to both India and Pakistan"

U.S. Sells Arms to South Asian Rivals - WSJ.com
      Methinks they are selling some stuff to Taiwan too!! And Taiwan wants more...

Comment

Originally posted by nirmal View Post
        Methinks they are selling some stuff to Taiwan too!! And Taiwan wants more...
        Yup...the balance needs to be kept there too.

Comment

Ask for more ? As I recall, America has been trying to sell more and more to us.

Anyway, the big difference is, India BUYS its weapons. Nothing is given as baksheesh (charity). We don't have the luxury of having an economy and political system close to collapse and a military unable to pay for high-end stuff, which seems to be the pre-requisite to avail such benefits.

Comment

Pakistan pays by fighting for the US. Last time it was fighting the Soviets, this time is fighting its own tribes. It would have been a lot more expensive if the US had to do the job herself (both times).

Anyways, the recent talk and peace process between Indian and Pakistan is a win-win for the two countries.

Originally posted by axeman View Post
            Ask for more ? As I recall, America has been trying to sell more and more to us.

Anyway, the big difference is, India BUYS its weapons. Nothing is given as baksheesh (charity). We don't have the luxury of having an economy and political system close to collapse and a military unable to pay for high-end stuff, which seems to be the pre-requisite to avail such benefits.

Comment

Pakistan pays by fighting for the US. Last time it was fighting the Soviets, this time is fighting its own tribes. It would have been a lot more expensive if the US had to do the job herself (both times).

Anyways, the recent talk and peace process between Indian and Pakistan is a win-win for the two countries.
              Pakistan is getting paid for the mess it created on itself. I believe Pakistan is trying to have the cake and eat it too. Hope the talks bring some respite. Its always been a dog and pony show like the good Col says.
              It is so. It cant be otherwise

Comment

Working...
              X