Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottery winner found dead, murdered.

Alas poor Yorick , we SLEW him well

A lottery winner who repeatedly told his family "I'd have been better off broke" has been found buried five-feet deep under a concrete slab.

American Abraham Shakespeare, 47, who scooped $31m (£20m) in 2006, vanished nine months ago, although he was not reported missing until November last year.

His friends and family had hoped he was on a beach in the Caribbean, but police found his remains in the woods of a private property near Plant City in Florida.

Using heavy equipment, investigators broke up the large concrete slab and for two days they dug up dirt, much of it by hand, and sifted through it.

Mr Shakespeare's body was so badly decomposed that detectives had to use fingerprints to identify him.

The property where he was found belongs to the boyfriend of a woman named as Shar Krasniqi who befriended Mr Shakespeare in 2007, authorities said.

Police believe Mr Shakespeare was murdered, but they do not yet know how he died and have made no arrests.

Mr Shakespeare's brother, Robert Brown, said his sibling often wished he had never bought the winning ticket.

"'I'd have been better off broke.' He said that to me all the time," Mr Brown said.

Before his windfall, Mr Shakespeare was an assistant truck driver who lived with his mother. He was barely literate and had a criminal record.

After he struck lucky, he bought a million-dollar home and was said to be extremely generous to others.

"He really didn't understand it at all," said Samuel Jones, a friend since childhood.

"It was moving so fast. It changed his life in a bad way."

Mr Jones said Mr Shakespeare would tell him: "I thought all these people were my friends, but then I realised all they want is just money

Sad innit , all the f#ckin leaches who didnt , or wouldnt want to know him , have robbed and murdered him , i wonder why his family knowing he was a bit on the slow side didnt take more care of him .
    Last edited by tankie; 24 Feb 10,, 19:37.

No, no no. Why does everyone always quote it wrong? it is

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio" (Or we slew him, I guess)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post

Hah , see there ya go ,pointing the finger at Horatio ,and i bet he has an alibi as well

Comment

it might kill me too, but i'm willing to try my hand at managing $31 million!

First thing I do. Hire a bunch of bodyguards and pay them WELL!!!:)):))

Comment

First thing I do: Remove my university applications.
          Second thing I do: Keep living my normal life, but with infinitely more amounts of beer and good whiskey.
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            First thing I do: Remove my university applications.
            Second thing I do: Keep living my normal life, but with infinitely more amounts of beer and good whiskey.
            And infinitely more mates as well , including most of B/Sqd 1 RTR

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
              it might kill me too, but i'm willing to try my hand at managing $31 million!

;) PVT ISLAND MAYBE

Comment

What kind of toys will us bodyguards get to play with? Big stuff that go boom? I'm in! I'll take my payment in Bushmills 10 Year Old Single Malt, Jameson 12 Year Old Special Reserve, and Highland Park 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch.

Alas, I've always been more partial to the Irish. Nothing wrong with the Scots, I just get along better with the Irish.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  ;) PVT ISLAND MAYBE
                  Drinks are my place................in the Bahamas!!!!!!

What kind of toys will us bodyguards get to play with?
                  That much money can buy a lot of really nice toys!:)

Unless your the US Govt and then that much $$ may only equip a squad.

Comment

Hell, Israel buys M-16's for $1 and M-4's for $5. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out...

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post

Apparentley he was killed with a pencil. 2b or not 2b.. that is the question:))

Comment

Groan...

In a group of people well known for their bad one-liners, puns, double entendres, euphemisms, word games and spoonerisms, you indeed take the cake for what has got to be the worst joke in recent history.

Well Done!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                          Really. Well then, it just so happens I know someone with some experience who is a paragon of discretion.;)
                          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Groan...

In a group of people well known for their bad one-liners, puns, double entendres, euphemisms, word games and spoonerisms, you indeed take the cake for what has got to be the worst joke in recent history.

Well Done!
                            You could use them to subdue your enemies, if indeed you have any:)

Comment

Groan...

Well Done!
                              Agreed ,,, groooooooooooan , Lukins take 3 , or do 5 spotty dog impressions

Comment

Working...
                              X