Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South America wants a bloc excluding North America

BBC News - Americas bloc excluding US and Canada is proposed

OK, South America wants a bloc excluding North America, what does this mean fo the US and Canada?

Sorry if there is a thread covering this already, but I cant find one.
    "Liberty is a thing beyond all price.

Good now how about they keep their own ****ing people in their own ****ing borders; ungrateful bastards.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Well, cheers for that.

The South American leaders are saying the Organization of American States is not going to be ignored or usurped.
      I remember a similar idea in Europe in the 1980`s, the Western European Union, a defence pact for Western Europe only, excluding the US. Well, the US had a hissy fit over that one and threatened NATO members with all sorts of measures...until they calmed down and everything got watered down somewhat.

Comment

*More or less its Chavez and Bolivia that wants a block.;)
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
          BBC News - Americas bloc excluding US and Canada is proposed

OK, South America wants a bloc excluding North America, what does this mean fo the US and Canada?

Sorry if there is a thread covering this already, but I cant find one.
          Well...it means US and Canada aren't in South America.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
            *More or less its Chavez and Bolivia that wants a block.;)

Well, the article is pretty thin and just a head-line, but they will have 32 charter nations and Cuba is up for it as well.
            On the Forces side, I can`t see any cooperation apart from joint ex`s. ie, I cannot see a Joint South American Rapid Reaction Force appearing , we in the Euro-zone struggle with that sickly child :)

Comment

Working...
            X