16 days to Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curling is an interesting sport.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Saw curling on espn today and for some strange reason could not look away.
      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Anyone watched the hockey games yesterday? Three good games: Russia vs. Czech; US vs. Canada; Sweden vs. Finland.

The game between Sweden and Finland was less than enthusiastic after the game between US and Canada.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I watched part of it, but hockey doesn't really hold my attention.

This has my vote for next Olympic sport...

BBC News - Topless tobogganing in Germany
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Stylin'

Nothing beats those Norwegian curling pants!
            Attached Files
            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Okay, I can accept that the medals look like something created with a pair of cutters in a wrecking yard but why the hell do they hand the winners a broccoli plant? Is it some weird hitherto unknown Canadian custom?
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

The flowers are Olympic tradition. These are a wierd looking bouquet though.

The athlete bouquets are a required element for Victory Ceremonies by the IOC at all Winter Games. At Summer Games, medal-winning athletes receive a bouquet, as well as an olive wreath. Under IOC technical and protocol rules, the bouquets must be 20 centimetres to 30 cm in length and about 25 cm in diameter.
                The Vancouver 2010 Olympic bouquets revealed - Canadian Florist
                "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Working...
                X