No announcement yet.

Early start! : 2010 baseball season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mets game last week where Pagan stole home is a brilliant example of this. (I think it was) Francuer popped into an infield fly with runners on second third. The infields muffed the catch, but the catcher and the infielder who picked up the ball and started walking over to first. Third base coach whispered to Pagan, and off we went towards home. They noticed it, but the catcher was all the way by first. The pitcher covered the plate, but it was too late and Pagan scored.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I'm a yankee fan and all, but these Yankee Sox games are becomming unwatchable, every game is a 4+ hour slug fest, both side are so damn patient that the opposing team's pitchers will sooner or later melt down and either walk the park or get blasted into bits and pieces. you might as well just turn on to watch the last few innings (which would be like 10 pm, you turn it on and it's still the 7th inning heh)

Comment

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | CIN@NYM: Manuel ejected as umps overturn a call - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

More terrible refereeing, and I'm not only saying this because the call went against the Mets.

Despite the original bad call of the home plate Ref, how the hell can someone that was 100 feet away tell if the ball grazed his arm or the bat? Overturning the call was an ever worse decision.

Baseball is a game that is full of video replay, anyway, how hard would it be to harness that towards fair play? I mean, it's not like the game is that fast paced, is it?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I will have you know that I definitely called a Texas/San Francisco World Series--although I was wrong with the details. I called Texas over NY in the ALCS in 6, but I thought it would take 7 for the Giants to beat the Phils.

Since the NYY aren't in it, it'll be worth watching without wanting to vomit! Money doesn't buy everything... Hip Hip Jorge.
          "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Cliff Lee and Tim Lincecum... Expected Final: 1-0 in 11 innings, actual final: 11-7. WTF?
            "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Well, they got the "11" part right...

Comment

As a perpetually disappointed Tribe fan, I always wish well for Cliff Lee. He was just off last night for some reason. The Giants aren't really a great hitting team either! Lee shut down the 1 billion dollar Yankees!

Comment

Anybody saw Barry Bonds in the attendance last night?

He has a normal sized head now...

Comment

I thought Texas could have won this Series--I underestimated the pitching staff of SF though. I knew they were good, but had no idea they were that good. Especially picking up 2 wins against Cliff Lee.

Comment

Working...
                    X