Early start! : 2010 baseball season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

start Lowell where ? in the outfield?

having said that, it's strange to see the Yankees have a huge lead on the Red Sox in april, it's usually the other way around.

There's no real single point in Boston's suck right now though, almost everyone except Dusty is doing terrible, and defense / offense / pitching all suck so far.

I was in a chat room the other day and had this funny chat

Yankee fan A: they shoulda signed Jason Marquis instead of trade of Javier Vazquez

(look up score board, Marquis pitching, 0IP, 7 ER, 20+ ERA.)

Comment

Things are looking up. We're now third last place in the league. Now we're kicking Baltimore, Houston AND the White Sox!!! Jeez, we're 2 games behind the Nationals. The Nationals!!!

This is all a dream and the Mets are gonna start playing real baseball soon, right?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Relax everyone... our teams are all just trying to make things interesting by falling behind out of the gate. But, I'm sorry, the Tribe will be WS champions. Someday.
        "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Right. And the Mets are doing this to lull everyone into a sense of false security before they start playing real baseball and wipe the floor with the entire National League...
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

There are 162 games in a season. The usual baseball fan panics after game 2 and demands for trades or fire the manager.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I'm not demanding any trades, and I'm not calling for the good Messrs. Minaya or Manuel to be fired. I'm just severely disappointed in the team that I've been rooting for ever since I knew what baseball was. I was born in 1986 and grew up a 5 minute drive from Shea Stadium. I could never be anything aside from a Mets fan. I just want them to do what I know they can do.

The 2006 Mets played great baseball. The 2007 and 2008 Mets also played great ball, but choked at the end. The 2009 Mets were plagued by injuries, so I don't really count last season as the real Mets, but now that most the players are off the DL and back to playing, we should be seeing much more than the lackluster performance they've been showing until now.

Comment

Mets.

Bleh.

The Mets are to baseball what Chloe is to the Kardashian sisters.

Comment

I don't know who the Kardashian sisters are (should I consider myself lucky?) but the Mets are still my favorite team, and nothing we can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                    I don't know who the Kardashian sisters are (should I consider myself lucky?)
                    I'm sorry the Mets are your favorite team.

Kardashian sisters..guess which one is Chloe. :P
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sorry. Slightly disappointed in them (The Mets, not the sisters), but I'm always willing to forgive and forget, and besides, our relationship goes back a ways.

Umm, I'm guessing that she's either the tall one on the right, the one with the white in the middle, or the one in black on the left

Comment

Umm, I'm guessing that she's either the tall one on the right, the one with the white in the middle, or the one in black on the left
                        gross!

you're getting smarter!

Comment

It's the course I'm taking, studying for my Psychometric exam.

I'll give you bonus points if you can solve this problem:

If: $(a,b)=2a+b

Solve:
                          $[$(4,3),$(1,8)]=?

Yup, that, or something similar to that, is going to be one of the questions on my exam. I finally came to terms with them tossing letters into the mix, and now they're putting in dollar signs as well. Assholes

Comment

It's the course I'm taking, studying for my Psychometric exam.

I'll give you bonus points if you can solve this problem:

If: $(a,b)=2a+b

Solve:
                            $[$(4,3),$(1,8)]=?

Yup, that, or something similar to that, is going to be one of the questions on my exam. I finally came to terms with them tossing letters into the mix, and now they're putting in dollar signs as well. Assholes
                            Hence your bi*ching about letters in algebra in the other thread. :(

I'm sorry, dude....I feel for you.

Comment

That equation is going to Random Thread. I wanna see if there's someone here than can solve this. I already got the answer, but I think this should be fairly interesting

Comment

Pitching

Milwaukee has now had two consecutive solid performances by starters allowing zero earned runs over 12 innings. Maybe we've turned the corner there. Bullpen? Still up in the air.

Anyway Bush and Gallardo have breathed some life back into our rapidly waning hopes. Fielder STILL hasn't racked his first homer of the season. His contract expires after next season and there was talk that Boras, his agent, would try to push for $200m. I'm hoping for a monster year from him and then move him before the August deadline. We can't afford him later and can't afford not to get great production now. BIG hole in our lineup.
                                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                                X