No announcement yet.

Question for I Am A Muslim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid, i took the pain to read through 3 versions of the koran, Translated ones by Muslim authors. I was tremendously disappointed. I believe that Spencers interpretation might be more relevant to the/ an extremist element forever in an Islamic society. We cannot do that away however how many moderate and good thinking Muslims like you and Tarek say, we or Spencer or the Al Qaeda or the Pakistani Army interpret Islam as.

The time has come and arrived that we say, do a particular section of a particular ideology faithful to whether Islam or Christianity or Hinduism or whatever, have really a right to follow their ideology to it's entirety?

I mean no one can deny the Koran is hateful to the unbeliever. What do you have to say about it. I know from what i have read of the Koran and Hadith, the basis of hate for the unbeliever and the hypocrite in Islam is the Koran. Can you make me believe otherwise? You can lull the unbeliever for sure.

I mean it's so silly, and no one here points it out. 'I am a Muslim am i welcome? '

What if i say 'i am Hindu and am i welcome'? Do you think at all in those terms? Have you read any scriptures other than those that arose in the deserts of Arabia?

What for your Jerusalem case i refer to Hinduisms holiest of Holy spots, Kaisah and and Mansarover? They lie in Tibet (now China). Or Sikhisms holiest spots lie in Pakistan. Should we fight, make it an issue at every stage?

But for your doctrine, we'd be very good friends.

And one question:

Isreali people? Jews, do you like them?

PS: I was younger when i joined this forum. Almost
    Last edited by subba; 22 Jan 10,, 01:37.

Comment

I mean was not Mecca itself so sacred to the pagan? Why not pagan of all cultures claim Mecca itself? What is bad about Pagan? I see this all over Muslim sites, and no one says anything at all. Pagans like me believe say in 350 Gods. Whats anyone's problems? Whats specially Islams' problem?

Why are they wanting to kill and wage war on this? What is that Muslims ultimately want?

Comment

do a particular section of a particular ideology faithful to whether Islam or Christianity or Hinduism or whatever, have really a right to follow their ideology to it's entirety?
        Just want some thought on this forum on the above. Do our constitutions give an absolute on this? Did our constitutions take into account doctrines of major religions, before enforcing/ thrusting it on the populace? Did our constitutions take into account that some doctrines conflict completely with our written and so called 'accepted' constitutions? We idiots didn't take that into consideration and neither we think we are going to in the immediate future. :(

Sorry i sound so pessimistic folks. Advise and counsel/correct me..if isaid something wrong.
        Last edited by subba; 22 Jan 10,, 01:57.

Comment

Israelis believe in Jerusalem belong them because that land promised to them in their holy book. In this ground, they displaced Arabs, killed totally innocent kids and concentrated them in small lands in their home country and got the rest of land for theirs. And i believe they will want more when international community is ready because it is written in their holy book; it is promised, holy, must do thing. The implication, Muslims bad so we are right, is totally wrong.

I live in a muslim country. I know the basics of Islam, ordinary life of religious/soft-religious or fanatic Muslims have. Fanatics are fanatic but the rest have ordinary life according to their culture. And i lived the attempt of describing Muslims as evil to create public opionion for some acts. Too sad, too bad. As a result of their evilness their country is occupied, they forced to live under hard conditions, kids killed, women raped and they were tortured. As i know Arabs have no emperial dream for centuries.

We have human rights, general values that shaped according to our time. With all respect to Quran, Torah, Bible and other holy books, they all are junk when it comes such issues.

Comment

Subba;

can you please define me what is a "Muslim" or an "unbeliever"
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

I'm sorry I did not answer the questions, but I'm as you know school student and I have exams
              I will answer some of them now
              First, God said in the Holy Jerusalem, but not with the same pronunciation
              There are words that indicate
              And all the Arabs and Muslims when he read the Quran know what is meant by these words (Jerusalem)
              sigpicWhat do you want to know about Islam?

Comment

This from the Koran
                The color words meaning Jerusalem

يقول تعالى: (سبحان الذي أسرى بعبده ليلاً من المسجد الحرام إلى المسجد الأقصى الذي باركنا حوله لنريه من آياتنا إنه هو السميع البصير) الإسراء الآية 1.

وقال تعالى في قصة إبراهيم ولوط عليهما السلام (ونجيناه ولوطاً إلى الأرض التي باركنا فيها للعالمين) الأنبياء الآية 71.

وقال تعالى: (ولسليمان الريح عاصفة تجري بأمره إلى الأرض التي باركنا فيها وكنا بكل شيء عالمين) الأنبياء الآية 81. والأرض المباركة هي فلسطين أي ما حول المسجد الأقصى وذلك باتفاق الآراء.

وقال تعالى في قصة سبأ: (وجعلنا بينهم وبين القرى التي باركنا فيها قرى ظاهرة وقدرنا فيها السير سيروا فيها ليالي وأياماً آمنين) سبأ 18.

وهو ما كان بين مساكن سبأ في اليمن وبين قرى الشام من العمارة القديمة فباركنا فيها أي الشام ومنها القدس مركز البركة

وقال تعالى: (والتين والزيتون وطور سينين وهذا البلد الأمين) التين، الآية 1.

قال ابن عباس: التين بلاد الشام والزيتون بلاد فلسطين وطور سينين الجبل الذي كلم الله عليه موسى عليه السلام. والبلد الأمين مكة.

وقال تعالى: (وجعلنا ابن مريم وأمه آية وآويناهما إلى ربوة ذات قرار ومعين) المؤمنون 50.

قال ابن عباس: هي بيت المقدس.

وهناك آيات أخرى فسّرها المفسرون على أنّها تدل على بلاد الشام بعامة التي منها بيت المقدس. (انظر سورة الأنبياء 105، ق41، النور 36، النحل17-18، الحديد 13).

there are more
                but i thenk it enughe

:):):):):):):)

Comment

I am Muslim,

For the benefit of those of us who do not read Arabic could you either provide a translation or at least references (I have an english translation of the Koran). I realize that there are always issues with the translation of religious texts, but this is an English language forum, and untranslated passages in other languages make it difficult for the majority to participate.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

i know that
                    i'm sory
                    ok, i will do

Comment

The online translator translated the highlighted words as "blessed earth", "olives and figs" etc. And one word as Al-Aqsa mosque. No Jerusalem directly.
                      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

Do you consider Mahmud Ghazni a hero of Islam?

Do you think destruction of other people's worship places is a great idea?
                        Last edited by Vinod2070; 05 Mar 10,, 10:01.
                        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

I said that the Koran never mentions Jerusalem literally
                          But the words colorful show of Jerusalem
                          Figs and olives frequently in our country and in Jerusalem, God was mentioned olives and figs as if a metaphor for Jerusalem
                          The Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem
                          Villages which We had blessed means Jerusalem

Comment

Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

And We delivered him and Lot (PBUH) to the land which We had blessed for the worlds.

And We made the son of Mary and his mother a portent, and We gave them refuge on a height, a place of flocks and watersprings.

Very Rough translations, most quotes are based on the Sahih International version but I am pretty sure that I don't got everything right. The parts that refering to Jerusalem are in Italic.

And to Solomon [We subjected] the wind, blowing forcefully, proceeding by his command toward the land which We had blessed. And We are ever, of all things, Knowing.

And We placed between them and the cities which We had blessed [many] visible cities. And We determined between them the [distances of] journey, [saying], "Travel between them by night or day in safety

Comment

I am a Muslim,

your avatar hardly helps the image of Islam in minds.

may i remind you that the best devotion is the secret one.

btw, about your avatar:
                              .::Türkçe Kur'an Mealleri::.

Yusuf Ali (English)

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard(2984) their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments(2985) except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband´s fathers, their sons, their husbands´ sons, their brothers or their brothers´ sons, or their sisters´ sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments.(2986) And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.(2987) *
                              i dont believe that this "veil" is a scarf and that ornament is their hair.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Thank you so much and I hope (see Al-Anbiya 105, s 41, light 36, Bees 17-18, iron 13).

There are names in the top wall of the Koran
                                I was going to do that, but I am a student
                                Type the verses you and God will give you the wage

Comment

Working...
                                X