This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US army vs. Russian army

Which army is better. The US army or the Russian Army.
    Please don't count money, political backings, allies...
    But do count in training, number of equiuptment...etc.
    And present day army only... no future plans..

Originally posted by huh_what
    Which army is better. The US army or the Russian Army.
    Please don't count money, political backings, allies...
    But do count in training, number of equiuptment...etc.
    And present day army only... no future plans..
    As Cicero said, "The Sinews of War are Infinite Money". You can't just ignore the fact that our military budget is 10 times larger then theirs. To do so is to render a result with no relevence to reality.
    Last edited by Praxus; 18 Apr 05,, 00:49.

Comment

you cant count out Cash and Backings. The American Army has the quality.

Comment

Okay... count in the money
        But count out the allies (both for US and Russia)... because we're dealing US Army and th Russian Army right now
        Americans definately have the quality but Russian qualities in machines are improving.
        The US Army currently operates around 10,000 M1s rights now.
        BUt Russian concept of quantity over quality still remains.

Right now: Number of tanks in the Russian army:
        T-55 - 1200
        T-62 MBT - 258
        T-64 MBT - 4369
        T-72 MBT - 11480
        T-80 MBT - 7318
        T-90S MBT - 157
        PT-76 light armored amphibious tank - 150
        They ordered more T-90s.
        In addition, the Russian Army consists of 3,615~ rotary wing aircraft and 4,712 fixed wing aircraft

Comment

3/4ths of the armor and rotary aircraft are in storage and with reserve units. Most of it is absolete garbarge that only serves to add another target to the battlefield.

The US has about 5,000 M1 Abrams in service with the Army and USMC and another 10,000 M60's and M1 Abrams (early versians ) in storage.

The budget for the US military last year including Iraq and Afghanistan was 500 billion dollars. That is the size of half of Russias entire GDP.

Comment

1970s Soviet Union Land Forces would overwhem USA.

Comment

It's not the 1970's and there is no way the Soviet Union could touch mainland US with any success without nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by SovietHonor
                Soviet forces would have ground to a halt once American nukes destroyed their supply lines. And the 1970 Soviet Army was much stronger (relatively) than the Soviet Army was in the 1980's, much less the Russian army today.

Comment

No contest, U.S. would win hands down. I remember seeing the Russian Army at it's finest. I was at Red Square with some other tourists, when all of a sudden a group of Russian Army soldiers that was standing around near our tour bus suddenly started jumping into a big pile, pushing and shoving each other out of way. WTF? It turns out that one of the tourists had tossed a pack of cigarettes to one of the soldiers, and they damn near killed each other over a pack of cigarettes. You can count all the tanks, planes, and ships that you want, but when you put a conscript army up against a professional army, you're putting someone whose heart isn't into it, up against someone who knows exactly why he's there.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by SovietHonor
                    You are as moron as to said US Navy would overwhem every navies in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by USSR
                      No contest, U.S. would win hands down. I remember seeing the Russian Army at it's finest. I was at Red Square with some other tourists, when all of a sudden a group of Russian Army soldiers that was standing around near our tour bus suddenly started jumping into a big pile, pushing and shoving each other out of way. WTF? It turns out that one of the tourists had tossed a pack of cigarettes to one of the soldiers, and they damn near killed each other over a pack of cigarettes. You can count all the tanks, planes, and ships that you want, but when you put a conscript army up against a professional army, you're putting someone whose heart isn't into it, up against someone who knows exactly why he's there.

Don

When this event, that shows true face of a disgusting Russian solder, took place? In what year? Were you tourist bus standing directly on Red Square?
                      And big pile too?
                      Last edited by Prosto ILya; 18 Apr 05,, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Prosto ILya
                        When this event, that shows true face of a disgusting Russian solder, took place? In what year? Were you tourist bus standing directly on Red Square?
                        And big pile too?
                        Wish I could have been in Berlin after the Wall came down. I heard that Soviet soldiers were selling every bit of Red Army gear that wasn't bolted down to tourists at bargain discount prices.
                        I would have gladly paid some good money for an officer's greatcoat, shapka hat, boots, the whole nine yards. The Soviet officer uniforms always were very sharp and smart looking. Ah well.
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                          Wish I could have been in Berlin after the Wall came down. I heard that...
                          I heard plenty of rubbish about USA army too, but i prefer not to believe everything I hear.

Originally posted by TopHatter
                          I would have gladly paid some good money for an officer's greatcoat, shapka hat, boots, the whole nine yards. The Soviet officer uniforms always were very sharp and smart looking. Ah well.
                          Well, I seen a few NATO-like uniforms for sale in Moscow, so ,I guess, there will be no problem to buy a few old USSR military " t-shirts" too .
                          Сувенир, так сказать.
                          Last edited by Prosto ILya; 18 Apr 05,, 18:20.

Comment

I heard plenty of rubbish about USA army too, but i prefer not to believe everything I hear.

Well, I seen a few NATO-like uniforms for sale in Moscow, so ,I guess, there will be no problem to buy a few old USSR military " t-shirts" too .
                            Сувенир, так сказать.
                            Were those NATO-like uniforms being sold by NATO soldiers? Don't think so.

I don't want any t-shirts or "like" uniforms. I'm talking about the genuine article. Greatcoats, shapka, etc. Can you help me?
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Well, there was a robust trade between Russian vodka and American cigerrettes.

Comment

Working...
                              X