Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
    "why him?"

Compared to a nameless student not found on any publically declared statement of support by Tehran University professors for Mousavi?

Nailed a nuke physicist. That sends a message within their program even if he wasn't directly involved. It's a good bet that any number of those scientists that ARE involved know him.

Nailed a prominent supporter of Mousavi. That sends a message to anybody of elevated profile who might consider similar support.

Now. Let me ask YOU a question- who do you think is more likely to have killed him-America and Israel or the IRGC?
    In Apr. of 2004 Iranwatch had listed Dr. Muhammadi as one the nuclear scientists and experts working on military organs.

NCRI: Military role in Iran's nuclear program - 4-28-04

But U of Tehran university website indicates he was a Particle and Quantum physicist.

University Of  Tehran

BTW: America and/or Israel will not set up a roadside bombs, IRGC (Quds brigade) is one avid expert in that regard.;)

Comment

Aryajet Reply

"America and/or Israel will not set up a roadside bombs"

Concur about America, Israel, and al Quds.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        BF,

that might be too robust-- spark a wave of rioting across the country, especially once it was clear he was a fervent Green.

this way keeps the opposition guessing. no big mobilization.
        Fair point, I went for the high drama, but as Aryajet has laid out, there are a number of ways this is usually done. I would have thought any of those would have been a more effective way to convey a message.

What I find curious about the bomb is that it is sophisticated & high profile, yet its origin is unclear. It seems a strange way to send a message given the available options.

Doesn't mean it wasn't the government, but there is something I'm not seeing yet.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I don't like this regime and all the rest and i really deploy this type of attitude, why all the assassinations?

Comment

This story reminds me about assassinations of oppositional political journalists in Russia.

Their deaths have caused more headache to Kremlin then all their articles together, but still it is Kremlin who is responsible for those deaths in the eyes of western press.

An interesting pattern.
            Last edited by NUS; 14 Jan 10,, 11:19.
            Winter is coming.

Comment

Polonium-210 has a short half-life span, 138.38 days. Its not like it can buy a plane ticket to europe and run up behind its victim on the plane and infect them until they die. It just dont happen that way.

But then again what would the West know.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                Polonium-210 has a short half-life span, 138.38 days. Its not like it can buy a plane ticket to europe and run up behind its victim on the plane and infect them until they die.
                Yeah, use of rare radioactive material which leave radioactive traces wherever you go is an excellent way to cover your tracks, right? Those ex-KGB agents are really smart. After all, every criminal around use Polonium for murder...
                Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
                  Yeah, use of rare radioactive material which leave radioactive traces wherever you go is an excellent way to cover your tracks, right? Those ex-KGB agents are really smart. After all, every criminal around use Polonium for murder...
                  Yep, real funny. Funny that they didnt think it would be found nor traced to a meeting that happened just prior. Or ofcoarse we could also poison a salad with blood pressure medication an od someone we dont like such as in Irans case.:))
                  Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                  X