Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Sure we have them all?
    Not by a long shot ... but then again, the Iranians are not going to build a bomb by going small but many shops.

Originally posted by Rumrunner View Post
    Stupid question, but wouldnt it reason then to have the vent far far away from the facility? Or perhaps have 'fake' vents with higher heat exhaust plumes being manufactured somewhere else to divert attention from facilities actual vents?
    Easy, bomb all of them. The US can manufacture thermobaric bombs alot faster and alot cheaper than the Iranians can build tunnels.

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
    Seems like submarines could provide the necessary tech for self contained bunkers.
    Submarines are not bomb making factories.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 20 Jan 10,, 06:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
      Submarines are not bomb making factories.
      Point.
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Those bunkers need outside power sources. Unlike a command bunker they are industrial sites that soak up the watts. sever the power and they won't be making any bombs. Cut the road, water and sewer access as well.

Defeat Iran conventionally and flatten every dual use factory and asset in the country and impose ruinous sanctions that limit outside trade. The nuke program will collapse. Iran loves to trumpet how its so kick ass at the asymmetric game then they go and put all their eggs in such easily neutralized baskets.

Knocking out all the related and critical soft targets the nuke program depends on also strikes directly at two of the legs propping up the regime- industrial progress from developing to developed nation and a high standard of living (by regional standards). Depending on the speed of a US victory you might also kick the pride leg out from under the regime and leave it with only force. This ,ight leave the regime in power, force alone worked for Saddam, but for all intents and purposes the nuke program will be dead and kept dead until it can be dismantled at some future date.

Comment

Can an aviation expert maybe tell us all how many planes would be needed to mount such an operation the Isralies I beleive(could be wrong) used 4 planes to bomb a much smaller undefended site.

The Iranian Argument is Israel is not a member of IAEC which is true so I would pressure the Israelies to become a member just to bring the Iraniens to the the Table.

However if this doesn´t work............................... Bomb the Bast....

Comment

Edited: Image link deleted - Inappropriate
            Last edited by TopHatter; 15 Feb 10,, 21:05. Reason: Image link deleted
            Life is too short for bad coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsy the Lar View Post
              Can an aviation expert maybe tell us all how many planes would be needed to mount such an operation the Isralies I beleive(could be wrong) used 4 planes to bomb a much smaller undefended site.

The Iranian Argument is Israel is not a member of IAEC which is true so I would pressure the Israelies to become a member just to bring the Iraniens to the the Table.

However if this doesn´t work............................... Bomb the Bast....
              *The Frech built the Israeli's nuke reactors for their program.;)
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
              X