Tide vs Longhorns, jest about now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julie View Post
    uh....it's half-time....where'd ya go buddy? Cat got your tongue or something ???
    Nowhere! :P

Sucks for UT... now they'll just repeat "WE DIDN'T HAVE MCCOY, THINGS WOULD'VE BEEN SOOOOO DIFFERENT IF WE DID" over and over again (they may have a point), but that won't stop them from dismissing the fact that they LOST.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
      Nowhere! :P

Sucks for UT... now they'll just repeat "WE DIDN'T HAVE MCCOY, THINGS WOULD'VE BEEN SOOOOO DIFFERENT IF WE DID" over and over again (they may have a point), but that won't stop them from dismissing the fact that they LOST.
      Here I am, the next morning, still alive after that 1st Qtr & the 2nd half of the 3rd.

Lieb10, O statemate, nah. Beat your opponent down bad at the end while giving his tattered ass a couple of reasons to retain his/her self-esteem; that's class. Or maybe episodic ineptitude. I still wonder where 'Bama got the high school ringers Saban stuck in during the 1st Qtr. Amazing body doubles.

Still, beat the spread & won my (alas, only) bet. As a consequence, we go to a restaurant of Mary's choice this weekend. Least I could do. She is not a football fan. Incidentally, to the rest of the bemused Earth out there, I played real football (soccer) in high school & I do not consider it boring. Basketball-equivalent for the vertically challenged. Action! Constant movement! Violence! Rage! A lot like mule racing.

With American football, however, one is born into the culture & can't escape one's fate.

These network babbleizers have gotta go. Along with eclipsing the beginning of many, many plays the idiots completely obscured two of them. I've never seen it this bad.

Prof

Comment

I was speaking specifically of the UT fans, who are a class of their own. Some of the most arrogant people I've ever seen. It's so bad that I decided to chuck my loyalty to the state and Big 12 and root for 'Bama. Luckily here in Lubbock, you can't wear burnt orange without drawing scores of angry looks and (unfortunately, for Texas Tech fans are a bit insane) occasional verbal and even physical harassment.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
          Congrats Prof and Station 22

Hot damn ! They did it, and did it well I might add. ;)
          Thanks, I certainly enjoyed the game.

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
          I was speaking specifically of the UT fans, who are a class of their own. Some of the most arrogant people I've ever seen. It's so bad that I decided to chuck my loyalty to the state and Big 12 and root for 'Bama. Luckily here in Lubbock, you can't wear burnt orange without drawing scores of angry looks and (unfortunately, for Texas Tech fans are a bit insane) occasional verbal and even physical harassment.
          Wise choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now reported that McElroy played the game with 4 broken ribs, suffered in the 3rd quarter of the SEC Championship Game. Bama sure kept that little tid-bit of info under wraps all month.

Comment

Whaaaat? Ho Boy. Missed me.

Comment

Working...
            X