No announcement yet.

Afghanistan/Iraq and the evolution of the US military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that now, I am officially regulated to the era of the Triceratops Regiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      I believe that now, I am officially regulated to the era of the Triceratops Regiment.
      I'm sure they'll find work for you in the next Jurassic Park sequel.

So you've got that going for you. Which is nice.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        keith,

oh, i believe it, buddy.

the next 10-15 years will be even crazier, too; if you read the stuff the thick-glasses boys at AFRL and AFOSR are putting out, they're hoping by 2030 to develop micro/nano-UAV swarms that can be controlled by a single user, with the ability to potentially implant themselves in terrorists.

ooo-rah.
        Infinitely cool stuff, no doubt...along with robotic pack animals that can be programmed to hump gear, ammo & gauze to you, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          Ive always picked you as belonging to the genus Doyathinkeysaurus.
          Doyathinkeysaurus
          [do-yah-think-ee-sore-us] Noun

A heavily armoured dinosaur renowned for staking out a territory with pre-prepared traps then burying itself in a hole of it's own making.
          When an unsuspecting animal blunders into the territory it's disabled by the traps and the Doyathinkeysaurus can venture forth and eat the victim at leasure.
          The only known defence is to approach it's territory in numbers, create several diversions simultaneously, then run like hell.
          Last edited by Parihaka; 07 Jan 10,, 02:36.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

The involvement of and role played by the reserve components is a dramatic change from times past.

The development of BCTs (Brigade Combat Teams), using the aforementioned smaller and faster mentality...

And last and certainly least: the wear-out-fast, my-zipper-broke, I-ripped-the-crotch-out-of-a-dozen, "hook-and-pile (velcro)" laden, ACU Uniform.
            "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Working...
            X