Comment

Probably he means this one:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zampolit View Post
        Probably he means this one:
        contrast corrected one

Comment

I was expecting a bubble canopy, is it that hard to manufacture one?
          I hope the final production model will wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by payeng View Post
            I was expecting a bubble canopy, is it that hard to manufacture one?
            I hope the final production model will wear it.
            I suppose too. There is no need of a bubble canopy for first tests.

Comment

just heard..

thats the picture"kinda looks cool,just read the final versian of this bird will have a different canopy,few other differences on final production piece, man they are going nuts over this bird saying it blows all the euro canards ,tiffy-rafeal,away in looks,maybe the typhoon i think the french plane looks good,kinda smooth where the typhoon is raw lookin to me. im undecided on the frontal shots of the pak fa.theres alot going on there.just not as smooth looking as a f22 underbelly.?

Comment

the radome is quite small to me, unlike other russian plane

Comment

Attached Files
                  We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Our bird's vertical stabs are march small then Raptor's ones:

Comment

Congratulations to the Russia for their first(planned to go into production) stealth bird.

What I feel strange about all these is airwarfare is probably going back to where it started!

Assuming that two stealth go against each other, it will like two blind men fighting each other, given that they cant see each other(in generic terms).

They wont know each other's presence until the pilots see or they actually collide in mid air! So basically we will be back to dog fights. Given that these stealth birds are expected to win over heat seakers, we are back to guns then!

Things will even weird with the advent of un-manned, stealth fighters!

Comment

nice pic.

now that side pic is cool,havn"t seen that one,its starting to grow on me,i would give my hind teeth for a side by side shot of the pak-fa,t-50 and f22 together in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
                          now that side pic is cool,havn"t seen that one,its starting to grow on me,i would give my hind teeth for a side by side shot of the pak-fa,t-50 and f22 together in the sky.
                          PAKFA is T-50 ;)

Comment

yeah i know,i put up both names,just seen new still shots of take off when they put up landing gear i have to say i take back my earlier comments,about frontal view,it looks pretty bad to the bone.its bigger then i thought it was too.its not cluttered looking ,something about the engines or something was throwing me off.good job russia.

Comment

now i start to wonder whether its truly a stealth plane? Reduced RCS, for sure. But is it low enough to be 'stealth'. I saw someones claimed its RCS is around 0.5 m2, which is still far too big to be a stealth fighter.

Comment

a congratulation to Sukhoi indeed, and respect to them, they made the Russians proud today

I had a modest expectation on Pak-Fa, and was bracing the possibility of another Su-27 with conformal fuel tanks and weapon bay modification
                                After all we have seen Su-37, Mig 1.44, numerous delays and seemingly far fetched claims about this fighter's capabilities

After the photos and videos came out, i am deeply impressed. This plane is beautiful. It certainly met the hype in its looks and probable design feature possibilities
                                And i am sure many are impressed as well, talks and comments about how the eurocanards are in deep trouble are already floating on the net within hours after the first photos showed up
                                I guess everyone hates having to face up against a bunch of Raptors, or Raptorski(Black Widowski?) in this case
                                We will probably see a storm of its possible capabilities discussion followed by the pak-fa vs raptor threads all over the internet

And, IF Sukhoi can mold this plane into maturity and incorporate the rumoured designs we see, this fighter will be a real mean bird in the sky

Comment

Working...
                                X