No announcement yet.

Sukhoi PAK FA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can definitely see the Sukhoi lineage in it.

Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Interesting wedge shaped pods on the wing next to the intakes. I wonder what function they serve.

Also, hi-res pic looks alot better than the video. :)
      Last edited by citanon; 29 Jan 10,, 08:56.

Comment

nevermind.
        Last edited by NUS; 29 Jan 10,, 09:10.
        Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
          Interesting wedge shaped pods on the wing next to the intakes. I wonder what function they serve.

Also, hi-res pic looks alot better than the video. :)
          Well,they are aligned with the tail angle. I am guessing that they are there to improve stealth characteristics as well as to hold electronics maybe??? The whole plane looks like as the early prototype. But at least it moves...sort of.
          Last edited by Versus; 29 Jan 10,, 09:18. Reason: grammar grammar....

Comment

IMO, it has a straight configuration of intake and engine just like a Su-27. So it promises a huge RCS compared to a stealth plane.

Comment

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
              IMO, it has a straight configuration of intake and engine just like a Su-27. So it promises a huge RCS compared to a stealth plane.
              They look angled to me,that is why the intakes are so big...I don't know, it looks kind of weird from the form point of view.

But what do I know.

Comment

The intake and engines are aligned together, but far enough apart that theres a good chance its an s-duct. I'm sure they wouldn't have missed such a huge aspect of stealth when designing it.

On the other hand, does anyone see a good resemblance to the F-22s nose? Just the radome and canopy from the front remind me of the F-22s front profile. The rear, admittedly looks kinda unstealthy. I'm not sure what to make of the huge bulge along the spine that's so characteristic of Sukhois, but I'd assume they're not very stealth-friendly either. But, still, it looks a lot neater than I expected.

Comment

flight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPHzCqSJ5xY

and another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YCQsN8O_Q4
                  Last edited by Zampolit; 29 Jan 10,, 09:49.

Comment

some people said that the news claimed that its able to take off from a 300-400m runway, 5500km range, 2600km/h top speed, 10 internal hard points, 2 external ones. Can someone know Russian confirm that?

Comment

Perhaps waiting for Sukhoi to come up with more pictures, and letting them complete the tests, along with waiting for the engine development and avionics development program to complete would help you in conforming all the news you wish for, its a prototype which will develop.

Comment

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                        some people said that the news claimed that its able to take off from a 300-400m runway, 5500km range, 2600km/h top speed, 10 internal hard points, 2 external ones. Can someone know Russian confirm that?
                        afaik these are tactical and technical requirements, not actual characteristics.

Comment

afaik these are tactical and technical requirements, not actual characteristics.
                          i know. Anyway, its still in a beginning stage of development, so for sure they are all requirements. I meant if they actually require those figures and are they possible? Sound very questionable to me.

Comment

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_xR41-2nbxZo/S2...%20FA%203c.jpg
                            Look's like there are two weapon bays. Or is it just one big?
                            As you can see, Sukhoy has one weapon bay.

BTW, PAK FA's vertical stabilizers are movable entire. Fins are smaller than conventional ones.

Intakes look like s-duct.

Last edited by Moroz; 29 Jan 10,, 12:54.

Comment

pictures.

there is a picture of a top view from flight so you can see the wings, real good and whole plane shape on the aviation forums,wings are huge and funky looking from the top,i dont know how to drag them over here,anyway its a nice bird,i think the rapter looks cleaner n meaner, no offense intended.i wish the u.s had built the f23 too,maybe for the navy,now theres a good looking bird too.

Comment

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
                                there is a picture of a top view from flight so you can see the wings, real good and whole plane shape on the aviation forums,wings are huge and funky looking from the top,i dont know how to drag them over here,anyway its a nice bird,i think the rapter looks cleaner n meaner, no offense intended.i wish the u.s had built the f23 too,maybe for the navy,now theres a good looking bird too.
                                Do you mean this picture? It is 3D model:

Originally posted by biteasaur View Post
                                i dont know how to drag them over here
                                Point cursore to a picture, press right button, choose [properties], copy entire adress of the picture including .jpg extention, paste it here.
                                Last edited by Moroz; 29 Jan 10,, 13:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X