Computer Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
    Any issues with Media Player or VLC player?
    I have used VLC. It plays just about everything. But with CCCP, Windows Media Player works just fine so I rarely fire up VLC. The only time is when the aspect ratio is wrong. Media player doesn't force aspect ratio on a video clip, at least I haven't found a way. With VLC, I can force the aspect ratio.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Blasphemy!:))
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Lots of times it's not the computer, it's the operator. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
          Lots of times it's not the computer, it's the operator. ;)
          Hey I resemble that remark! Actually though, even though I found it was some "blocks" that I needed to fix () I still had problems with the speed of my computer. I downloaded a program called "Speed Up My PC" and now it's running great! I've had a MAC before. Actually my first computer. I'll probably look into a new computer once I get my own place.
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
            Hey I resemble that remark! Actually though, even though I found it was some "blocks" that I needed to fix () I still had problems with the speed of my computer. I downloaded a program called "Speed Up My PC" and now it's running great! I've had a MAC before. Actually my first computer. I'll probably look into a new computer once I get my own place.
            Be sure you you keep your computer updated cuz it will effect your browser if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
              Be sure you you keep your computer updated cuz it will effect your browser if you don't.
              Right on - Windows updates are a must! No more malware hits either..:)

Comment

Right on - Windows updates are a must! No more malware hits either..:)
                I'm not on good terms with MSN at the moment, last week I couldn't access my Hotmail account on live mail, and the messenger wouldn't work, so I sent the support people a mail asking WTF is happening. Well a week later I have come to the conclusion that they suck things out of babies nappies, they failed big time, so I wiped the live mail, messenger and office off my drive and now my laptop is running quieter and cooler than it ever did, and my internet connection has speeded up noticeably to. I prefer open office anyway. BTW., my Hotmail account is probably gone forever as they were not convinced that I was the rightful owner. The only problem I had while changing my details with everyone was with fleabay, even sent me a letter through snail mail with a bunch of stuff that I should do (which didn't work), so my fleabay account has been locked down. My last e-mail with the MSN people was to ask them to leave me alone, as they had fail written all over them, in the previous mail I asked them a question, "has anyone accessed my account since we started this?" They couldn't join the dot's, but they did inform me that that information was confidential etc etc.

Tony
                Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Working...
                X