Best rock album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
    I think I am waaaay too young for this thread.

And while I love myself some Meat Loaf I will never understand how Americans can connect something boring like Baseball with Sex...oh and btw...just four bases? I am sorry but you must be doing it wrong.
    No, we ain't. Back me up, TopHatter; can I get me an 'Amen!'?

Comment

Lots of good ones taken already. Kudos to Shamus for 'Quadrophenia' - in my top 5 of all time. Other top 5s include 'Sticky Fingers' by the Rolling Stones, 'Led Zepplin 4' and 'Achtung Baby' by U2 (close misses: 'Who's Next', 'Abbey Road', 'London Calling', 'Rumours' & 'Dark Side of the Moon').

And the winner is: 'Electric Ladyland' by the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Stupidly I sold my vinyl version with this UK cover, so now I am stuck with a CD the boring old US cover.

Attached Files
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
        For my money, if I were stranded on an island with only one album to listen to forever, it would have to be 'Bat out of Hell'.

In my opinion, it is the single album without which no collection is complete. It is just AWESOME, from start to finish, with a lot o GREAT, some GOOD, and no BAD.
        We always called Paradise By The Dashboard Light THE ANTHEM. But I still rate it as #3.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
          No, we ain't. Back me up, TopHatter; can I get me an 'Amen!'?
          How could TopHatter tell if you are doing it right or wro..wait...forget that I asked. Don't ask, don't tell. (Seriously please don't tell)

And I stay with my claim that four bases is not nearly enough to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
            How could TopHatter tell if you are doing it right or wro..wait...forget that I asked. Don't ask, don't tell. (Seriously please don't tell)

And I stay with my claim that four bases is not nearly enough to do it right.
            It is when you're going all nine innings

Comment

The Clash ´The Clash´
              Pearl Jam ´Ten´

the ones you listen during the most important years that shape you, are the best i guess.
              If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Appitite for Destruction, Guns N' Roses

thats what I call rock!

Comment

Pink Floyd: The Wall
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Beggar’s Banquet by the Rolling Stones (1968).

I've owned it as an LP, 8-track, cassette, CD and as the first music I bought for my iPad last year.
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther View Post

That is one of my favorites too and one i had thought of posting when i saw this thread. Then there is Journey's "Escape" that i like just as much.

Best JOURNEY album has gotta be either Infinity or Evolution; back when they still had Rolie on keyboards & back-up vocals (since Perry was on-board):

However, if I had to pick ONE album that was the best, it would have to be either Led Zeppelin IV or Frampton Comes Alive:

"There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

U2's Joshua Tree.

Comment

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies(EP)

Bad Company - Straight Shooter

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

Collective Soul - Dosage

Rush - Hemispheres

and many more!

Comment

dysrhythmia - barriers and passages seal/breaker/void?
                            "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

Working...
                            X