Pictures of Topkapi Palace Arm Depots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    With instinctive shooting? It'll take that long to turn out a decent enough archer who can hit a lung at 40 yards. Took me a year before I could hit a lung at 20 yards consistently.
    Yea , and then along came guns and semtex

Comment

tankie,

I couldnt draw one now , the norm for them is 60 pounds to 75 , i would struggle now with 20
      Many men in later medieval England were capable of shooting bows from 670–900 N (150–200 pounds)
      yeah, you pretty much need to be shooting all your life to pull the 150-200 lb bows, which were warbows in any case. the muscles you need for that are pretty specialized and really can only be gained through the repetitive draw motion.

60 lbs would be a relatively heavy hunting bow, with 40 lbs for normal game and 15-25 lbs for small game.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        tankie,

yeah, you pretty much need to be shooting all your life to pull the 150-200 lb bows, which were warbows in any case. the muscles you need for that are pretty specialized and really can only be gained through the repetitive draw motion.

60 lbs would be a relatively heavy hunting bow, with 40 lbs for normal game and 15-25 lbs for small game.
        Even a 15 Lb bow i would struggle with as my left shoulder needs a bit of a rebuild so it has to be a self cocking x bow if i was wanting one ;)

Comment

Working...
        X