Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Albania sends 35 combat troops to Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albania sends 35 combat troops to Afghanistan.

Bravo Albania. Now you can expect a state dinner invite to the white house as a new trusted Obama ally,freeing up Canada,s piddly contribution to the war effort much earlier than expected. Canada should start the withdraw in the new year coming up. The great one and his administration have shown nothing but disrespect towards Canada and as a consequence have pushed most Canadians over the tipping point. We simply don,t see the U.S. as a friend any more. Americans would be shocked at how much they are not liked or welcomed in Canada these days. I guess the lesson hasn,t been heard yet. The U.S. has so few friends,I am stupified why they would want to ruin the relations with the only country that is most like them. I wonder where all those hundreds of airplanes of 911(thats forgotten already)would be landing in todays climate in Canada.Easy. Anywhere but here. Man, I can,t believe how pissed I still am. We are even thinking about cancelling our week long civil war tour this fall. The wife said she,d rather spend the money where it,s wanted. Can,t argue with that logic. How sad.

We're leaving in 2011 come hell or highwater (men and machine need strip down and repair). Obama can't beg us to stay. We cannot. He needs to beg to those who can stay. He did not called on the Netherlands either, the other NATO partner who is leaving the same time we are.

In any case, we're grown ups, not little boys who needs a pat on the head that we're doing a good job. We're in Afghanistan because we saw it is the right thing to do, not because we need Obama's or any American's approval.

The people who needs us ain't the Americans, it's the Afghans and they are begging us to stay.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 03 Dec 09,, 14:00.

Comment

Im aware of the Dutch pull-out,but enough is enough. I have ,or should I say most Canadians have had enough of American indifference and the mocking comments and accusations of everyrthing from our health care to imagined hordes of terrorists living in Canada. How much of this stupidity should we have to endure.

Comment

Did you Candadians see SouthPark the Movie?

How did that go down up there?

Comment

There seems to be a similar animosity between nations (one big and another small) that are alike-- US/Canada, Australia/New Zealand, India/Nepal. It is sad when nations that could virtually be mistaken for one-another are at constant loggerheads...

The "bigger" brother ought to display a greater magnanimity and understand the sensitivities of the "smaller" brother better. Then we could all get along! ;)
          Totalitarianism-Feudalism in new garbs

Comment

Originally posted by HillWarrior View Post
            There seems to be a similar animosity between nations (one big and another small) that are alike-- US/Canada, Australia/New Zealand, India/Nepal. It is sad when nations that could virtually be mistaken for one-another are at constant loggerheads...
            Very true, The sheer amount of 'Paddy Jokes' I used to get when I lived in England. Either that abuse about Potatoes..

Comment

exacrer,

look at col yu's point:

We're leaving in 2011 come hell or highwater (men and machine need strip down and repair). Obama can't beg us to stay. We cannot. He needs to beg to those who can stay. He did not called on the Netherlands either, the other NATO partner who is leaving the same time we are.
              this is exactly correct. these calls are NOT exactly congratulatory and i suspect most countries whom received it wish they didn't-- it means they will now have the politically thorny choice of telling the US to screw off or getting their legislatures to pony up something, anything.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
                Im aware of the Dutch pull-out,but enough is enough. I have ,or should I say most Canadians have had enough of American indifference and the mocking comments and accusations of everyrthing from our health care to imagined hordes of terrorists living in Canada. How much of this stupidity should we have to endure.
                Then you are on the wrong board. Most uniformed members here have served alongside us and one or two actually bled for us. USAF Captain Bluesman was the head nurse holding one of our Canadians in her arms when he died.

If you want to rant anti-American pose, then this board is not the place. Most here appreciates us. Most here knows us. Most here cried with us. A few bled with us. And Americans have died alongside with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
                  Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Then you are on the wrong board. Most uniformed members here have served alongside us and one or two actually bled for us. USAF Captain Bluesman was the head nurse holding one of our Canadians in her arms when he died.

If you want to rant anti-American pose, then this board is not the place. Most here appreciates us. Most here knows us. Most here cried with us. A few bled with us. And Americans have died alongside with us.
                  Exarecr,the Colonel is right on target here.I've lived my entire life less than 20 miles from the Canadian/American border here in Michigan.I've been in contact and interacted with Canadians that entire time.In my area I see almost as many Canadian license plates as I do Michigan plates.I've vacationed in Canada almost as often as in the U.S.Most of the Americans I know like and appreciate having Canada as our closest neighbor.

I know I do so please don't paint us all as Canadian bashers.Nothing could be further from the truth.
                  "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
                    Very true, The sheer amount of 'Paddy Jokes' I used to get when I lived in England. Either that abuse about Potatoes..
                    zara c,mon , its par for the course , same as welsh jokes ,jock jokes , redneck jokes , be proud of where you come from and join in the crack , i know your not patriotic but be proud of your heritage , some of my best friends had brothers in the kesh , but they remained friends , after all ,, who else cud i rip the piss out of
                    Last edited by tankie; 03 Dec 09,, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                      zara c,mon , its par for the course , same as welsh jokes ,jock jokes , redneck jokes , be proud of where you come from and join in the crack , i know your not patriotic but be proud of your heritage , some of my best friends had brothers in the kesh , but they remained friends , after all ,, who else cud i rip the piss out of
                      oh, I know... It was all in good humour, none of it meant malicously..

Have a kiwi mate who gets bullied incessintly by Aussies

the potatoe thing always confused me though, the Irish are famous for NOT having potatoes...

The 'Kesh'?

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
                        oh, I know... It was all in good humour, none of it meant malicously..

Have a kiwi mate who gets bullied incessintly by Aussies

the potatoe thing always confused me though, the Irish are famous for NOT having potatoes...

The 'Kesh'?
                        You know it as the maize or the H block , and you think ozz and kiwis take the piss , ohhhhhhhh c,mon , it aint true surely

Comment

oh the Maze, of course... I think theyre planning to turn it into a 'troubles musuem' now.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            You know it as the maize or the H block , and you think ozz and kiwis take the piss , ohhhhhhhh c,mon , it aint true surely
                            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You know, I really have to start paying better attention to my own "polis." I heard my first Canadian joke last week. No shit. Didn't make much sense. Seemed to imply that Canadians were inappropriately, uh, nice. Not in the sense of overly precise, but in the sense of "pleasant" or "good." Naturally, now that I've been made aware of the phenomenon, in the short time since I've been tuned in I've heard more, all similar. Mary says they're rampant. I don't get it. Fill me in.

Prof

Comment

Working...
                              X