Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone totally familiar with inter-country transportation of firearms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone totally familiar with inter-country transportation of firearms?

I live in Canada but have intentions to move to the states as a possibility. My question is that if I aquire a firearm in Canada and move to the states, is it any way possible to have that firearm come with me? Or is it just going to be stuck in Canada? I know that going from hard regulation laws (Canada) to lenient laws (America) that it would be easier. But is it even possible to bring firearms I own and bought in the states back into Canada if I decide to move back?

My prediction is yes but an enviromentalist's nightmare in terms of paper work.

Should be no major problem bringing your personal guns from Canada as long as they are legal to own in the US. You need a Form 6 from ATF and a FFL holder to handle the transfer.

You won't be allowed to bring a handgun from the US back to Canada, but rifles and shotguns okay, as long as you have the appropriate licenses.

Given the fees and paperwork involved, you might find it simpler to just sell what you have and replace after you move.
    Last edited by highsea; 02 Dec 09,, 22:31.
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Mail it to someone you know in-country "in care of." Or disassemble it and label it as a machine :)

Comment

Working...
      X