Which M4 Replacement would you pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wellman View Post
    why not a 6.8? its has better damage then the 5.56 and a bettter range then the 7.62x39mm. and if you add the gas piston to it you have a investment in technology that puts you ahead of the world. while the russians make they overly comlicated and over priced an-94 we can make a weapons that we can use for many years to come
    Cost!.......................Our govt is way too interested in passing a healthcare bill that would kill any extra military spending for years to come.

Same way so many other good ideas got passed by.....

Comment

if olny we chould cut funding to all the global warming shit -.-

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
        Cost!.......................Our govt is way too interested in passing a healthcare bill that would kill any extra military spending for years to come.

Same way so many other good ideas got passed by.....
        Haven't we done this before, without a poll and worded differently.

Sh!t on a shovel, lets level the playing field, everyone gets AK47's in 7.62x39.

The reasoning being not everyone is capable of sniper type sub MOA groupings at 1000m in a sandstorm at 03:00hrs in the morning after a long week on patrol with only seven hours sleep in as many days. I can't think of a cheaper and more cheerful way to go.

Tony
        Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

yea but what about all the other times? im not even in the military but i know i like the m-4/m16 series better then the ak-47. not olny is it a lighter recoil but it dident take me 15 secs to get the dam mag in the gun -.- (some might say "wellman the ak-47 recoil to much for you XD!! but im olny 120 pounds and i dont got much weight to take all that recoil)

Comment

The IDF decided to invent it's own replacement for the M4: The IMI Tavor TAR-21. The Golani and Givati brigades have it, and the Nahal brigade will get it in 2010. It's a bullpup design. It originally had some problems, but it was used "flawlessly" in operation Cast Lead in 2008-2009
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

im not going to bother with a weapons i cant even use. (im left handed)

Comment

Which is exactly why the IMI Tavor can be altered so the casings will eject from either the left side or the right side, depending on what hand you use. It literally takes a minute and a half.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

What do most of those malnourished child soldiers weigh who run around their respective countries butchering each other???

Don't forget they have 40rnd mags and the 75 drum mags for those who can't get their mag changes sorted, practice makes perfect.

There are a lot of things that seem to get people excited, calibre, accuracy, weight, gadget's that can be added to improve the weapons performance that invariable put the original M4/M16 design under so much stress that you end up with a catastrophic failure of one type or another.

Why is it that Soldiers are like kids at Christmas when it comes down to their equipment?

Maybe some one should remind them that they are only tools of their current trade, and tell them to get on with it.

Tony
                  Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

A soldier gets so excited about his weaponry for a couple reasons: If he doesn't know every little thing there is to know about it, he'll die. If he doesn't know exactly how to clear a certain jam, Ol' Murphy will show up and jam his rifle in the middle of a fire fight, and then hes SOL.

As a consequence of knowing every little thing there is to know about their weapon, a soldier gets the feeling that his weapon is better than most. It's not just soldiers: Race drivers with their cars, neighbors arguing over who's stereo is better, plumbers debating which wrench is better to use. You see all the soldiers here because this happens to be a forum frequented by many current and ex-military.

For example, I can tell you right now that the tank I used, the Merkava Mk IV is the best damn tank in the world. I don't care what anybody else says, I've been in mine and seen it in action, plus I've spoken to other soldiers using different tanks, and I've been in a couple other tanks myself, and I know mine is the best. One of the main reasons I believe this is cause I know almost everything there is to know about my tank (within reason, of course) and I know I'll pretty much survive anything in mine. Your tank I"m not so sure about...

Besides, everybody enjoys blowing things up, and guns and rifles and all this stuff are just means to an end: Make a bigger boom!

Comment

*** and then, there are old war horses who has seen things come and go ***

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      I am going to answer this what is the best yadda yadda in the world once and for all.

What is the best plane/tank/ship/wrench in the world.

The one that is coming to my rescue when I'm being bayonet charged by a 1000 pissed off fire breathing dragons.

What is the worst plane/tank/ship/wrench in the world.

The one that is running away when I'm being bayonet charged by a 1000 pissed off fire breathing dragons.
                      Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 13 Dec 09,, 16:26.

Comment

There is an old story in aviation circles that says, the best replacement for DC3, is another DC3.

You could sy the same for the M4

Comment

Sir, what do you mean by fire breathing dragons? Was that how you call the Soviets back then?
                          All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                          -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Generic term for being out-tanked.

Comment

Yea I do like my M4

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post
                                Haven't we done this before, without a poll and worded differently.
                                Yeah, but there was nothing else going on right now.;)

Sh!t on a shovel, lets level the playing field, everyone gets AK47's in 7.62x39.

The reasoning being not everyone is capable of sniper type sub MOA groupings at 1000m in a sandstorm at 03:00hrs in the morning after a long week on patrol with only seven hours sleep in as many days. I can't think of a cheaper and more cheerful way to go.
                                That what the M-16 was for Tony.......spray and pray!;):))

Comment

Working...
                                X