No announcement yet.

Formula one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, he does draw a lot of parallels to Barry Bonds and the driver aid era in F1 is a lot like the steroid era in baseball.
    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

US GPE couldn't make it. How sad. So much effort and determination fell by the lack of funding.
      autosport.com - F1 News: Exclusive interview with Ken Anderson

But we greet Vitaly!!!
      Attached Files
      We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Well three days to go before the season opener, so let me see some predictions.
        Will jenson and hamilton get on and how long before alonso pisses off his new team mate?
        Will shumi be a damp squib?
        will the lack of fuel stops make overtaking even more rare?
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Cannot wait for the season to begin. As usual a go with the Ferraris but heart will be with Schumi. Sad that he went to his old mate than his old team. Will be pretty interesting season. No one is going to steam roll i dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumrunner View Post
            None taken. I cant stand watching NASCAR unless it's on a street circut.
            Totally agree; if I wanna go watch cars drive around in a circle for two hours, I can go downtown and do that.

The only race I've actually seen was one at the old Sears Point years ago (now Infinion Raceway); a course like that is much more exciting than a big, round, boring oval track.
            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
              Totally agree; if I wanna go watch cars drive around in a circle for two hours, I can go downtown and do that.

The only race I've actually seen was one at the old Sears Point years ago (now Infinion Raceway); a course like that is much more exciting than a big, round, boring oval track.
              But apparently watching them go around the track in order because nobody can pass is somehow exciting.

Comment

The first race is over and let me just say YAAAAAAAAAWWWWNN.
                Boring as heck. The F1 supremos really need to get their heads out of their arses and push up the overall speed levels at least.
                Its time to increase engine power and decrease dependence on all those aero parts. Lets have some wheel banging rough and tumble racing again.
                Last edited by bolo121; 15 Mar 10,, 06:39.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                  Boring as heck. The F1 supremos really need to get their heads out of their arses and push up the overall speed levels at least.
                  Its time to increase engine power and decrease dependence on all those aero parts. Lets have some wheel banging rough and tumble racing again.
                  Rightly said that arse of a man Max Mosley screwed the sport during his tenure.

Comment

That's not F1 anymore. Its (d)evolved into a racing nobility. The current crop likes the paychecks and the fame and are far too risk adverse. They want to retire young and rich and they won't agree to anything that will jeopardize that. If there's even the slightest danger, they won't race.

Comment

With all safety measures taken in both cars and tracks current speed restrictions - stepped bottom, narrow wings and tires, small engines etc - can be easily revoked. Will Jean Todt have enough determination to do it?

Comment

No

Comment

Pity

Comment

Vettel in pole, Webber second in Melbourne. Hamilton didn't make the top 10.

Oh, and Hamilton got a Merc impounded by Victoria Police for apparently doing a burnout.

Comment

Here's hoping that it wont turn out to be another yawnfest. I will tune in for the first 30 mins or so anyway.
                              Was Talking about F1 with a colleague at work, his reply was "An average Indian driving to work daily faced more danger than your modern F1 driver."
                              Last edited by bolo121; 27 Mar 10,, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by StevoJH View Post
                                Vettel in pole, Webber second in Melbourne. Hamilton didn't make the top 10.

Oh, and Hamilton got a Merc impounded by Victoria Police for apparently doing a burnout.
                                Well at at least there was some kind of excitement.

Here's hoping that it wont turn out to be another yawnfest. I will tune in for the first 30 mins or so anyway.
                                Was Talking about F1 with a colleague at work, his reply was "An average Indian driving to work daily faced more danger than your modern F1 driver."
                                The last time it wasn't, I think Mansell, Senna, and Prost were still on the track. Then again, they were racers back then and not risk adverse celebrities.
                                Last edited by BenRoethig; 27 Mar 10,, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X