No announcement yet.

Formula one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to watch F1 but for all the reasons Big K listed i lost interest - around the time Schumacher won his 4th (5?) title.
    i switched to WRC, which i still think is much, much more spectacular all in all, but due to itīs format is quite hard to follow...
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Ahh ok mate , but the pits are a very strategic important part of the race and all is legal in reference to passing .;)
      Like stealing 'secrets' from another team, allowing your team mate to pass to get higher points, or by throwing the race by crashing into walls..Sorry, not my idea of a 'sport'. I used to go to F1 but not any more. Give me bikes any day. 1 bike 1 rider, not special this and that, no radio instructions, no snooty prima donna drivers.;) and the champagne is cheaper too:))

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        Like stealing 'secrets' from another team, allowing your team mate to pass to get higher points, or by throwing the race by crashing into walls..Sorry, not my idea of a 'sport'. I used to go to F1 but not any more. Give me bikes any day. 1 bike 1 rider, not special this and that, no radio instructions, no snooty prima donna drivers.;) and the champagne is cheaper too:))
        All you say has happened Dave without doubt , and it throws the sport into a bad light , i remember when Schumacher was ordered to pass his team mate and his team mate was ordered to slow down to let him ,

it secured a win for schuey but he was so embarrassed about it that he gave the trophy to his team mate , and lets face it , cheating happens in most sports , like football, snooker, darts, cricket,horse racing etc etc ;)
        Last edited by tankie; 18 Nov 09,, 22:31.

Comment

darts?? cheating?? homing darts???? lol
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
            darts?? cheating?? homing darts???? lol
            Yup , its called , rip the bookmakers off , lose on purpose and make bets on the outcome ;)

Comment

Ive been a fan of F1 for a while and i agree with a lot that Big K says.
              IMO they should

1. remove rev limiting, traction control and telemetry limited to 5 vital parameters only.
              2. the anemic 2.8 liter engines removed and more powerful engines above 3.2l introduced (speeds above 340 kph on straights should be possible). Cars themselves strengthened to enable a bit of racing contact without getting thrown out of the race
              3. A sweeping aerodynamic regulation that states that no car however designed can cause more that a prescribed max amount of rear air turbulence, in order to make overtaking easier.
              4. A more sensible pre and in season testing policy that alows teams to bring in new improvements and try out new talent without costing too much.

F1 is in bad shape, BMW, Toyota and Honda are gone. The sole tyre supplier Bridgestone is going, the new tracks such as Bahrain and Shangai are soulless and boring.
              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Yup , and i dont think a deal has been struck yet to secure a UK grand prix at Silverstone .

Comment

Eccelstone and Mosley fighting a duel should get the crowds back:))

Comment

they will wake up when Ferrari pull back itself from F1 business and heads to another single seater racing series.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Mosley has stepped down has he not , in order to pursue his other interests , to include goosestepping around nazi clad nubiles

Comment

Yes old Mad Max is gone but he has managed to put his designated successor Jean Todt in his place.
                        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Michael Schumacher signs up for F1 return with Mercedes

The God is back, but unfortunately for the ferrari worshippers, God has gone over to the Satan's side :))

Read it and weep Tankie. Weren't you gloating about the all powerful British team? Well, Schumey will trounce your puny mclaren a**.

Comment

Originally posted by tinymarae View Post

Michael Schumacher signs up for F1 return with Mercedes

The God is back, but unfortunately for the ferrari worshippers, God has gone over to the Satan's side :))

Read it and weep Tankie. Weren't you gloating about the all powerful British team? Well, Schumey will trounce your puny mclaren a**.
                            Yes i was and it seems the rest of the formula 1 world has taken notice , trying to bring back a retired jack boot who,s goona get it firmly stuck up his arse by the Brits ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, again ,which of course are using mercedes as well ,, go lewis go ;)

Comment

The only god was the half a billion dollar budget. Without the driver aides and the Ferrari engineers, I think he'll see the real Schumi.
                              F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
                                The only god was the half a billion dollar budget. Without the driver aides and the Ferrari engineers, I think he'll see the real Schumi.

The cheater ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X