Is Tom Delay Finally Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of subpoenas flying about.

Delay'a lawyer filed a subpoena against Earle (Houson Chronicle) , and the SEC filed a subpoena against Frist (Washington Post) .

The Earle subpoena:

The subpoenas ask for all documents, notes, telephone records and other relevant materials related to contact involving Earle and two of his assistants with the grand juries. Two of the three grand juries returned indictments against DeLay, and the third issued a no-bill.

The Frist subpoena:

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) has been subpoenaed to turn over personal records and documents as federal authorities step up a probe of his July sales of HCA Inc. stock, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Delay is no doubt looking over his shoulder at the Abramoff investigation, which is likely to be firing subpoenas (and indictments) his way soon. From Bloomberg :

The larger legal challenge for DeLay may center on a task force led by the U.S. Justice Department that's investigating Jack Abramoff, the indicted lobbyist who boasted of his relationship with DeLay.

Even as DeLay faces the charge in Texas state court in connection with corporate donations that allegedly were used to help fund the Republican takeover of the state legislature in 2002, ``he is inevitably also going to be under investigation by federal prosecutors'' in the Abramoff matter, said Melanie Sloan, executive director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics, a Washington watchdog group that has criticized DeLay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
      Didn't take the bet, did you, Gutless? Thought you wouldn't; hoped you would.

But I will be calling this thread back when Delay is exonerated.

You really are a piece of work, you know that? I took you off my 'Ignore' list in order to see if you'd take my bet (NObody wanted a chance at my money, but I was really hoping that YOU, at least, would have the guts - one dam' time - to show a little faith in your own beliefs...and you turned like the worm you are AGAIN). But what do I get for un-ignoring you? Just more aggravation.

Well, Lazarus, back to the tomb with you. Rest In Peace, for all eternity.
      Emphasis in the above quote has been added, because, well, I was right all along, and Tom DeLay HAS been exonerated. Which I knew he would be. Because the case should never have seen the inside of a courtroom. Which I said all along.

Just wanted to drop by and remind y'all that I'm not wrong very often.

Lehmberg vows appeal after DeLay conviction overturned | kvue.com Austin

Comment

Not that I want to piss on your parade or anything but you just showed up a bunch of people who are long gone. How about returning more often and converse with those that are still here. BTW I thought you were leaving Las Vegas.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

In the interests of fairness and equality, I call for Gun Grape's posting of the dead chick pic and the woman who shall not be named.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
            In the interests of fairness and equality, I call for Gun Grape's posting of the dead chick pic and the woman who shall not be named.
            No. The kittens are spared when the post adds something of significance. Delay was only just exonerated recently.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              No. The kittens are spared when the post adds something of significance. Delay was only just exonerated recently.
              That could be said for some necrophilatic posts but they received the kittens treatment. I didn't think the post added something of significance, only an infantile way of saying "I told you so!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                That could be said for some necrophilatic posts but they received the kittens treatment. I didn't think the post added something of significance, only an infantile way of saying "I told you so!"
                I see Bluesman's post as closure. You couldn't truthfully say either way until Delay was exonerated or the conviction upheld and that was not done until very recently. Saying I told you so does not bring out the nercopost horrors. If that were the case we would see those God awful pictures on each and every thread in the WAB.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                  I see Bluesman's post as closure. You couldn't truthfully say either way until Delay was exonerated or the conviction upheld and that was not done until very recently. Saying I told you so does not bring out the nercopost horrors. If that were the case we would see those God awful pictures on each and every thread in the WAB.

The case is not over. It only got overturned on the appellate level. It will be appealed to the Supreme Court. Only when the Supreme Court decides, it will be over.

Comment

He's baaaaaack....

By "he" I mean Bluesman.

By "back" I mean he never left, just took a break to smell the grass and enjoy the sun.

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Damn straight, Skippy.

-dale

Comment

• Holy cow! Now two have returned from the dead. We are going to need an image to signify posters who were long gone and returned.

Comment

• How about:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X