Is Tom Delay Finally Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tom Delay Finally Gone?

Delay's support is crumbling. Sen. Shay of Connecticut (R) and Santorum of Penn. (R) are becoming openly critical of the Bug Man. Hastert and Bush are backing away from Delay's blasts at the Judical Branch. Abramoff, Mr K-Street (or ex Mr K-Street), is sounding like he is about to empty the trashcan on Tom's head.

Any opinions on TD's chances of survival?

Originally posted by Broken
    Delay's support is crumbling. Sen. Shay of Connecticut (R) and Santorum of Penn. (R) are becoming openly critical of the Bug Man. Hastert and Bush are backing away from Delay's blasts at the Judical Branch. Abramoff, Mr K-Street (or ex Mr K-Street), is sounding like he is about to empty the trashcan on Tom's head.

Yeah, I'd like to go back to this one.

'Better than even', is the answer to your question. By what means would he be removed, except by losing his re-election attempt? No charges against him, and the ethics probe has taken place has delivered its slap on the wrist for technical violations.

Basically, he's been slimed by the Democrats, not with anything specific, mind, just vague insinuations of bad character, etc.

He'll make it.

Comment

And I never thought I'd see the day when Barney Frank would represent the moderate wing of the Democratic Party.

Did y'all see him tearing small strips off Howard Dean for saying DeLay should just head for his jail cell?

Not many adults left in that party. Incredibly, Frank seems to be one of 'em.

Comment

Hey, when Teddy "errr umm, i need a drink" Kennedy is your party's elder statesman, how much can you really expect?

Democrats<spit>....

Comment

Originally posted by Broken

God, I hope so.

His antics during the Schiavo fiasco made me want to puke.
          The more I think about it, ol' Billy was right.
          Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight.
          - The Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
            And I never thought I'd see the day when Barney Frank would represent the moderate wing of the Democratic Party.

Did y'all see him tearing small strips off Howard Dean for saying DeLay should just head for his jail cell?

Not many adults left in that party. Incredibly, Frank seems to be one of 'em.
            Tom Delay is no different from House Speaker Jim Wright, who resigned in the early 90s under similar charges. I don't think much of Barney Frank. There are few politicians of either party that seem even remotely appealing these days.

What, exactly, is Congress actually accomplishing these days? I'd like to see the whole crew flushed. If there was a reset button, I'd push it in a heartbeat.
            Last edited by Broken; 19 May 05,, 00:57.

Comment

Dean fired back today. Refuses to take it back, and says DLay will be in jail sooner or later.

THIS is the face of the Democratic Party.

Comment

Dean fired back today. Refuses to take it back, and says DLay will be in jail sooner or later.
                As long as they go after all of the senators, like Clinton and Boxer, then more power to 'em. Otherwise it's just partisan BS.
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

THIS is the face of the Democratic Party.
                  Damn straight. Its true, Tom Delay is a scumbag. Just as I've heard many of his (republican) constituents from Sugarland admit.

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
                    Damn straight. Its true, Tom Delay is a scumbag.
                    As long as you admit that many Democrats are in the same boat, and call for the same justice, it's not partisan.

I see nothing comming of this, there are too many on both sides who will get caught up in it, for it to go much farther.
                    Last edited by Confed999; 19 May 05,, 02:28.
                    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                      As long as you admit that many Democrats are in the same boat, and call for the same justice, it's not partisan.

I see nothing comming of this, there are too many on both sides who will get caught up in it, for it to go much farther.
                      Don't get me wrong, the democrats are in the same boat too. Do whatever it takes to get rid of unethical congressmen.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, the democrats are in the same boat too. Do whatever it takes to get rid of unethical congressmen.
                        Good for you. :)

Comment

Damn straight. Its true, Tom Delay is a scumbag. Just as I've heard many of his (republican) constituents from Sugarland admit.
                          No, you haven't. I'll find the piece I read about the tricks that were pulled to make those 'constituents' appear in the political ad as if they were life-long GOP.

And if DeLay is crooked, why are there no charges filed? Why, after being in the crosshairs of your goon squad for YEARS, has there been nothing but technical violations and the mildest of disciplinary action taken against him?

Character assassination, and it seems you're either guilty of it, or duped by it.

Cite something specific, some rap against DeLay that you can back up, if you want to counter what I've posted. Otherwise, you're no better than the leader of that asylum some are pleased to call the Democratic Party.

Comment

No, you haven't. I'll find the piece I read about the tricks that were pulled to make those 'constituents' appear in the political ad as if they were life-long GOP.
                            Uhh, yes I have. I've talked to them personally.

And if DeLay is crooked, why are there no charges filed?
                            Because the investigation has just begun. Its going to take a while to uncover exactly what his dealings were.

Cite something specific, some rap against DeLay that you can back up, if you want to counter what I've posted. Otherwise, you're no better than the leader of that asylum some are pleased to call the Democratic Party.
                            Go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Del...investigations

Comment

The current Congressioal Ethics Boards suck! The current system seems as tho fellow crooks are the prosecutor, judge, & make up the jury. Unless you've knifed some of them in the back before (or lack the 'right' information), the out come will be in your favor.

Maybe, what we need is a "Voters Congressional Ethics Board". Board members would be chosen by lotery drawing. To qualify, individuals must be a Registered Voter and have an annual income of $60,000 or less. This board would make & publish the ethic rules. The board would have the power to investigate ethic violations

Comment

Working...
                              X