video games for shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video games for shooting

do you think they will come out with something along the lines of call of duty where u can be on a battleship and fire mission against other ships or call fire missions against land enemies ??/ or is there anything out there like that now

There's a couple games but none of them are really any good. I wish someone would make a game dedicated to battleships.
    "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
    -General George Patton Jr.

Comment

Navy Field

Comment

Navy Field, I play that game waaaaaaaaay to much.
        Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often...

Comment

Battlefield 1942 has that exact feature. Older game, but you can probably still find a copy.

A good overall Navy game is Battlestations Midway, and its sequel, Battlestations Pacific.

You can control ships, subs, planes, and land bases. Pacific is a bit different, as it has a "what if" scenario from the Japanese perspective, instead of just a single player game for the Americans.
          They also let you get access to units that either never were built or weren't ready in time for the war. P-80's. Montana Class. Super Yamatos, etc.

Comment

Battlestations Midway

:)) Got a copy at Office Max sale bin for $5. a couple of months ago.

It's been a distraction so I've been playing the battleship part when I'm stuck at the airport or the hotel while traveling. Give you a sense of addressing the difficulty of manageing resources.

Only problem is that I keep loosing. The Clemson and Fletchers fire way too many topedoes. ( Did I mention that it is one IJM battleship against half the Pacific fleet ;) )

I'd rather play the other way with me commanding a fleet of Iowa Class BB's and submitting "plunging fire" (correct term ? ) to the other guy.
            " Lite all burners, make all steam! "

Comment

You must be talking about the "Strike on the Monster" mission.

I've played in on the XBox 360. You have to keep changing course. Watch the map screen for when the DD's fire the torps, then turn away or towards them to comb....whichever one your ship can do the quickest.

I also try and take out the DD's immediately at long range, before they launch.

They have missions of BB's vs. BB's, but it's multiplayer-only.

Battlestations Pacific lets you access the multiplayer maps as a solo player.

Comment

Originally posted by maximusslade View Post
                I finally stopped, Had both British BB lines and CV line.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacfanweb View Post

I've played in on the XBox 360. You have to keep changing course. Watch the map screen for when the DD's fire the torps, then turn away or towards them to comb....whichever one your ship can do the quickest.

There are 2 Battleships and a Battlecruiser in that mission from memory, along with 2 cruisers.

The one where you are hunting the Nachi with a couple of destroyers is fun too. Or when you are the Nachi fighting the US and Australian Cruiser squadron.

Comment

Thanks for the tip....

Originally posted by Pacfanweb View Post

well I'm starting to evade the torp's ;) now the issue of keeping the other IJM battleship from sinking or taking to many salvos while evading US fleet.... it's always something.... :)) probably be a while before I assume Flag Command
                    " Lite all burners, make all steam! "

Comment

[QUOTE=Pacfanweb;692202]Battlefield 1942 has that exact feature. Older game, but you can probably still find a copy. [QUOTE]

I play that on a regular basis, but only a few of the scenarios have gunships, namely Iwo Jima, Gualdalcanal, Omaha Beach, and Midway; in single player mode, you're pretty much impervious, and you can sit offshore and shell enemy emplacements all day, but in multiplayer it's a little dicier.
                      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Just noticed this thread -

For those of you who still have a SNES, go and get a copy of Super Battleship from Ebay. Old, but amazing naval strategy game with a 1st person viewpoint for battle on ships from PT to BB. Good stuff.

SUPER BATTLESHIP - Super Nintendo - SNES Strategy - eBay (item 250527995248 end time Dec-09-09 13:39:42 PST)
                        You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Originally posted by maximusslade View Post
                          I gave up after 5 min.

I want instant action and there weren't enough zombies.
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            I gave up after 5 min.

I want instant action and there weren't enough zombies.
                            Oh you too? Although it suddenly made me dig out my old copy of homeworld again. :))
                            I just love those salvage corvettes.
                            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

hi guy is thr any latest version of battleship game....

Comment

Working...
                              X