No announcement yet.

Quetta, Balochistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir told his Indian counterpart, Shiv Shankar Menon, that India must delink the composite dialogue process from action on terrorism, otherwise Pakistan would be forced to produce before the international media at least “three Indian Ajmal Kasabs” who were directly or indirectly part of the terrorist activities in Balochistan. He added that Pakistan would easily establish that the Indian Consulate in the Afghan city of Kandahar was actually a control room of terrorist activities organised by the separatist Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA). The three Indian nationals were arrested in Pakistan in the last few weeks. According to Pakistani officials, they have undeniable evidence of the links of these Indians with Baloch militants.
    Pak, that is one of the articles you quoted. I surely hope you don't buy into that junk. If Pakistan has any evidence they would produce it to the international community as soon as possible. And those consulates are still there, they have not moved an inch; even if it was a condition which Pakistan put for India (which alone is mind boggling), they would have revealed any evidence they had by now!! They don't have none! This gibberish is only to fool the Pakistani people! I hope you can see that.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
      Pak, that is one of the articles you quoted. I surely hope you don't buy into that junk. If Pakistan has any evidence they would produce it to the international community as soon as possible. And those consulates are still there, they have not moved an inch; even if it was a condition which Pakistan put for India (which alone is mind boggling), they would have revealed any evidence they had by now!! They don't have none! This gibberish is only to fool the Pakistani people! I hope you can see that.
      They convinced Mike Mullen.

WASHINGTON: Chairman of the US Joints Chief of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen said he has raised the issue of interference into Balochistan with the Indian leadership, Geo News reported Wednesday.

Talking to Geo News correspondent Sami Ibrahim, the US Army Chief said he held talks over the reservations of Pakistan with his Indian counterparts both former and the present one Gen Deepak in addition to the Indian political leadership.

He said he had meeting over the issue with Chief of the Chief of the Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.
      Mullen says raised Balochistan issue with India
      sigpic

Comment

Your piece is extremely careful in its wording. Note Adm Mullen "raised the issue," not that he accused India of interference.

Comment

Whenever there is the usual India & Pakistan crisis, there is this habit of passing on the 10 or 20 "Most Wanted List", which both accuses each other of harbouring.

One interesting observation(atleast the last time I saw it) of Pakistan's "Most Wanted List" is that it does not have any name accused of involved in the Baluchistan fight! This given that the fact that Baluchistan fight has been going on for a long time now.

If the Pakistan government truly believes it has a case, then there must be one name. atleast !

Here is the current list from Pakistan's FIA:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h.../terrorist.pdf
          Last edited by n21; 28 Nov 10,, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Pak Nationalist View Post
            PN, when PM Manmohan Singh stated in Egypt that he is willing to discuss Pakistan's concerns over Balochistan with them; did not mean that India was accepting the blame for Balochistan. It means that the government was willing to sit down and listen to what Pakistan had to say over the issue. Similarly, when Mike Mullen said, "he held talks over the reservations of Pakistan with his Indian counterparts"; again does not translate into Mike Mullen himself accusing India of interference in Balochistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Your piece is extremely careful in its wording. Note Adm Mullen "raised the issue," not that he accused India of interference.
              Hi, is it possible to separate the India-Pakistan related debate into a separate topic? I feel that dwelling too much on the Baluch nationalist movement and possible Indian support to it kind-of distracts away from the purpose of this topic which should focus more on the Taliban activity in and around Quetta and how the Baluch nationalists respond / are likely respond to the Taliban threat and related Pakistani policy of patronizing Islamist extremism.

Indian support for Baluch rebels is a different issue and doesnt really fit here.

Comment

Give me 24 hours please but will do.

Comment

Since India and US have close relations in multiple fields and Americans can't loose their important possible ally against China, they will never "accuse" India openly of anything Indians don't wanna be accused with.

Musharaf claims that he has seen documentary evidence and pictures of Brahamdagh Bugti's visit to Delhi.
                  Watch 2nd video

I can't tell whats this govt waiting for but Mr Gilani says the evidence regarding Indian involvement in Balochistan will be presented at “a suitable time”.
                  Last edited by Pak Nationalist; 29 Nov 10,, 04:56.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1980s View Post
                    Indian support for Baluch rebels is a different issue and doesnt really fit here.
                    Actually, looking this further, the title of this thread is Quetta, Balochistan. How is Indian support for such cause not part of this issue? Be advised, I am Canadian, ethnic Chinese, therefore, I have no dog in this fight but can you explain to me how Indian support for Baloch rebels should be seperated from a thread about the region? I am simply not following. Granted I have never followed before but if I am going to make this decision, please advised me so that why the two topics (which seems as one to me) should be seperated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1980s View Post
                      the Taliban activity in and around Quetta
                      Lets start talking then...Post #45
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pak Nationalist View Post
                        Since India and US have close relations in multiple fields and Americans can't loose their important possible ally against China, they will never "accuse" India openly of anything Indians don't wanna be accused with.

Musharaf claims that he has seen documentary evidence and pictures of Brahamdagh Bugti's visit to Delhi.
                        Watch 2nd video

I can't tell whats this govt waiting for but Mr Gilani says the evidence regarding Indian involvement in Balochistan will be presented at “a suitable time”.
                        PN, The international community does not start and end at America. Europe is a good place to start to bring fourth any such evidence. And as I said before, time will tell; I too wait until this “suitable time”, until that time, mere words are nothing and I can`t take seriously, until that evidence is actually presented. Otherwise, as i said, it is only to fool the Pakistani people and only fit for Pakistani domestic consumption.

Comment

PN Reply

"Now I can't digest this theory that Mullah Umer is in Quetta."

Does he have to be there every moment of each day since Baradar threw that mangy fcuk on a motorbike and headed south late in the fall of 2001?

"How and where did they obtain this information"

How's this as just a tidbit? I always found it a fascinating admission-

Quetta Shura No Longer Poses A Threat-DAWN Dec. 11, 2009

Now, of course, what our intelligence assets and signals collections might know remains classified. This article, however, serves as adequate rebuke to the notion put forth by the GoP for eight years that the Quetta Shura was a myth. NATO has every reason to believe that the key leadership nodes are operating in the space of villages and madrassahs stretching from Quetta north to the Kandahari border of Afghanistan.

Then, of course, there remains the mystery of Mullah Baradar's capture last February outside of Karachi. With soooo many places to hide (even openly) in Pakistan, there's no reason to crowd out whatever building(s) demark TALIBAN CENTRAL in downtown Quetta.

Finally, of course, Omar only makes up a portion of the insurgent picture. That Jalaluddin Haqqani has turned Miram Shah into his personal fiefdom is commonly acknowledged-even by your own convoys.

You might enjoy this series of articles and interactive media about David Rohde's (NYT reporter) kidnapping and subsequent sojourn through the Miram Shah neighborhood of FATAville courtesy of the Haqqani clan-

Held By The Taliban-NYT Oct. 17, 2009 David Rohde

Naturally, it could all be concocted as a campaign by the NYT to smear the GoP's good name on its so-called sovereign lands.
                          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I was watching Mr. Nazam Sethi's video (Urdu) on a Pakistani channel where he affirmed, (in a position of a journalist covering/scooping 'sharm al shiekh') that no dossier was ever given by Pakistan to India.

Indian diplomats approached this meeting with an open agenda to discuss Pakistan sponsored terrorism in J&K but ended up being more pragmatic with Pakistan civilian govt. They unanimously poured in all possible issues they would like to discuss in future, including Baluchistan.

As Tronic mentioned, i would say that I trust Indian PM. He can not dare to mislead parliament as he stated rightly 'No dossier was ever given'.
                            'Is given', a Pakistani ministers lied categorically and retracted back after two days though.

India is open to discuss all issue with a view that Pakistan may not derail the core issue of Pakistani state sponsored terrorism in J&K with its superfluous blames like support to Baluchistan insurgency. Ball is in Pakistan's court, India is waiting for the dossier.

As far as US pressure not to disclose proofs of Indian Involvement is concerned then i would like say its a very juvenile assertion; which categorized to be a conspiracy theory.

I was wondering wikileaks cables may reveal Indian involvement in Baluchistan to the likes of Pakistan since no one else is interested to buy so ;).

I have gone through this whole thread and some counter arguments made by 'PN'.
                            Given the fault lines, previous history, policies of Pakistani federal, pro Pakistani change happening in that very area etc.; the only one word i can mange to explain the Baluchistan insurgencies is ''Indigenous''.

I am surprised how India suddenly became the center of this very discussion when both parties specially counter argument was so much carried away into this discussion on deferent merits (Taliban, Alqueda, Tribal equations) now ready to contradict himself.

USA is negotiating/demanding more from Pakistan to extend operations in Quetta. I reckon they have beter Intel and situational awareness. Any defense expert can easily weigh where Indian factor stands to the magnanimity of WOT who may not refuse to address such important factor which Pakistan considers is.

There are many voices in America saying that if Afghan war could not be effectively prosecuted without dealing with Pakistan, same Pakistan can not be effectively assisted without dealing with the issue that dominates its own strategic calculus i.e India. But does this proves that India has a nuisance value to WOT like Pakistan has. Does this prove that recognizing Pakistani outcry will help to deal with the reality which allies on WOT are going to face in Baluchistan? Blame on India is thus nothing but an excuse not to cooperate with the allies or cater its animosity with convenience.

Nobody is holding back Pakistan to quench a deal on her own terms with USA, India will a spectator as usual.
                            Last edited by ambidex; 29 Nov 10,, 08:59.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                              How's this as just a tidbit? I always found it a fascinating admission-

Quetta Shura No Longer Poses A Threat-DAWN Dec. 11, 2009

Now, of course, what our intelligence assets and signals collections might know remains classified. This article, however, serves as adequate rebuke to the notion put forth by the GoP for eight years that the Quetta Shura was a myth.
                              Define Quetta Shura.

-If it is a band of militants that can possibly exist in almost all the major Afghan/Pakistani cities, then it's nothing to be surprised, and as the minister says is most probably taken care of.
                              -But if it is the "Highest command of Taliban", then I am gonna have trouble digesting it without some solid evidence.

NATO has every reason to believe that the key leadership nodes are operating in the space of villages and madrassahs stretching from Quetta north to the Kandahari border of Afghanistan.
                              NATO also has equal reasons to believe that Mullah Omer and UBL may also be hiding inside Afghanistan. As the whole world knows; there are a whole lots of areas where ISAF led "Kabul Government" has no access at all. And areas that the NATO forces still have to secure.
                              Taliban takes hold in once-peaceful northern Afghanistan
                              Taliban Control 72% of Afghanistan; Surround Kabul, Group Says - Bloomberg
                              New Statesman - Why the Taliban is winning in Afghanistan
                              Taliban seize district in northeastern Afghanistan - The Long War Journal
                              More than half of Afghanistan 'under Taliban' - Asia, World - The Independent

Then, of course, there remains the mystery of Mullah Baradar's capture last February outside of Karachi. With soooo many places to hide (even openly) in Pakistan, there's no reason to crowd out whatever building(s) demark TALIBAN CENTRAL in downtown Quetta.
                              Who captured mullah Bradar? Pakistan. Whenever we'll have a conformation and lock on any Taliban leader, he won't be able get far. But by talking without proof will only create a pollution that jams the real useful intelligence.

That Jalaluddin Haqqani has turned Miram Shah into his personal fiefdom is commonly acknowledged-even by your own convoys.
                              As far as Miran Shah is concerned, I bet there are more then one US drones flying over that area right now.

You might enjoy this series of articles and interactive media about David Rohde's (NYT reporter) kidnapping and subsequent sojourn through the Miram Shah neighborhood of FATAville courtesy of the Haqqani clan-

Held By The Taliban-NYT Oct. 17, 2009 David Rohde

Naturally, it could all be concocted as a campaign by the NYT to smear the GoP's good name on its so-called sovereign lands.
                              Who gave Mr Rohde protection in the end? Pak forces. And where was he captured? Afghanistan.

And this story is old as the situation has massively changed after operation Rah-i-Nijat.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                                PN, The international community does not start and end at America. Europe is a good place to start to bring fourth any such evidence. And as I said before, time will tell; I too wait until this “suitable time”, until that time, mere words are nothing and I can`t take seriously, until that evidence is actually presented. Otherwise, as i said, it is only to fool the Pakistani people and only fit for Pakistani domestic consumption.
                                Yeah, this wait of "suitable time" is also making me angry .

Maybe they want to resolve this dispute 'mutually'.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X