• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nefes" IMDB points. 9.1 Turkish Movie

Nefes: Vatan sagolsun (2009)

A Third Trailer For Hugely Impressive Turkish War Film Nefes

1 January 2009 7:02 PM, PST | Twitch | See recent Twitch news »

We’ve been following the progress of Levent Semerci’s Nefes in these pages for well over a year now for one very simple reason: it looks simply fantastic. A war drama in the classic style of Platoon or others that balance out drama with action, Semerci’s film tracks the life of a young man from enlistment through to active military service in an active, hostile region - protecting an alpine relay station against extremist and terrorist forces. Beautifully shot with a good dose of realism ensured by Semerci hiring largely unknown actors, having them trained by retired military officers, and basing the story on the memoirs of actual military servicemen this just looks like potent, raw stuff.

We’ve posted two trailers for the film in the past and a third has just arrived. Very, very impressive.

»

- Todd Brown
    Nefes: Vatan sagolsun (2009) - News

i've seen it. in 2003 read the book also. the books also tells many different stories from there.

for me the importance of the film comes from its very realistic insights from TAF and its members.

if you can i suggest you to watch the movie. heres the trailers:

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

# Fighting heard on the radio in the middle of the film was actually taken from the fight at the end of the film.

# Phone records in the film were actually recorded with the actors' real parents.

# Events depicted in the film are loosely based on the "First Aktutun Attack" on 13 September 1992 where 22 soldiers were killed by PKK terrorists.

# Events depicted in the film are loosely based on the "Derecik Attack" on 27 September 1992 where 33 soldiers were killed by PKK terrorists in a major offence. On 29 September 2009 the 200 terrorists who participated in the station attack were neutralized.
    Nefes: Vatan sagolsun (2009) - Trivia
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

I'm definitely going to watch it. Thanks Kerem. I hope I find one with subtitles included.

Comment

Man,that first movie clip is intense....I'm with Mobbme Kerem....I'll be looking for it;).
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks , K! This seems to be most impressive movie. Trying to get my hands on it.
          If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Dang! Cool stuff Big K.

When oh when will bollywood get off its sequined arse and make something like this for us Indians?!! :(
            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Working...
            X