Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terror or stress, the attack on Ft Hood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he is still alive, he will go to Court, plead insanity and get away with it, he is a Physchaiatrist after all.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      Just heard the press conference in fort Hood...no links yet.
      Bl**dy Hell.

String him up.

Let the families loose on him.

Comment

Not the last that I heard. Shot dead by a security guard?

The prof

Comment

Here you go. Base commander Lt Gen Bob Cone has now said that the gunman was not killed, as earlier stated, but is in custody.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Deadly shootings at US army base

Comment

Damn the BBC is quick in getting this stuff out.

Comment

Originally posted by chaobam armour View Post
              damn the bbc is quick in getting this stuff out.
              bbc= mi6?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                A sad day. Glad they killed the Bas&$rd

Army officials are saying that he was born in Virginia. A grad of Va Tech where he got his commission through ROTC and the
                Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., .

Where are you getting the Jordan info from?

(edit) I just saw a mention of it from Sen Hutchisons office
                A federal official said Hasan is a U.S. citizen of Jordanian descent. Military documents show that Hasan was born in Virginia, and was never deployed outside the United States. CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                  Damn the BBC is quick in getting this stuff out.

I think the credit goes to the wire services. The Melbourne 'Age' website had the info up at the same time (I was going to post a link but you beat me to it :) ). They credit AP, AFP & AAP. The latter is an Australian service that takes feeds from a dozen wire services.

They are also reporting comments by his cousin that he had been disgruntled for some time about the way some personnel treated him based on his background. I imagine it will take some time for the whole truth to come out, by which point a good many folks will already have established their own truths about what happened.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    Jordanian born, Damascus educated psychologist.
                    Hasan was born in Virginia per MSNBC but, that just makes him a Tim Mcveigh. Another home grown terrorist My heart goes out to all the families effected
                    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      They are also reporting comments by his cousin that he had been disgruntled for some time about the way some personnel treated him based on his background.
                      1. it was his superiors or co-workers- he should have used the chain.
                      2. It was his patients at the drug rehab in which case.... really addicts hurt his feelings- picked the wrong line of work.
                      3. It was not work related- what did they do not salute- enforce the rank
                      4. disgruntled is really code for PO'd that he got a poor review and was transferred away from Walter Reed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                        I think the credit goes to the wire services. The Melbourne 'Age' website had the info up at the same time (I was going to post a link but you beat me to it :) ). They credit AP, AFP & AAP. The latter is an Australian service that takes feeds from a dozen wire services.

They are also reporting comments by his cousin that he had been disgruntled for some time about the way some personnel treated him based on his background. I imagine it will take some time for the whole truth to come out, by which point a good many folks will already have established their own truths about what happened.
                        Hey BF, I wasn't trying to gain Brownie Points for the BBC, I was just pointing out the fact, that the information is travelling real quick.

Comment

Damage control.

Arab and Muslim political groups are bracing themselves for a wave of anger and attacks after news broke on Thursday that the primary suspect behind the shooting deaths of twelve soldiers at Fort Hood had a Arabic and/or Muslim-sounding name.

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a native of Virginia, is believed to have been responsible for opening fire on his fellow soldiers at the U.S. Army base.

It was not immediately clear whether Nidal Malik Hasan was, in fact, a Muslim, though reports surfaced that he had converted to the religion late in life.

By Thursday evening, nevertheless, Arab-American and Muslim-American advocacy organizations were already readying themselves for a backlash. The Arab-American Institute said it received one threatening call from an unidentified male shortly after reports surfaced that the name of the alleged shooting suspect was Nidal Malik Hasan. The group, which condemned the massacre, said it was expecting more.

"We like to give people the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to being a reactionary thing," said Leigh O'Neill, director of government relations for the organization. "But there is a lot of hate out there and hate is hate. It is bipartisan and doesn't have geographic balance. We feel terrible for the victims today. And I wish people will understand when crime is crime and terrorism is terrorism."

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a civil liberties organization for American Muslims, was, meanwhile, working fast to get ahead of a potential rise in anti-Muslim sentiment. The group was set to host a press conference at 8 p.m. on Thursday evening to condemn the attacks and "urge calm" in the aftermath of the shooting.

Ibrahim Hooper, the group's communications director, told the Huffington Post that they had not, as of 6:30 p.m. received any threatening calls, emails or other communiqués. The organization, he said, would be announcing publicly any such threats as they occurred - in hopes of dissuading people from making them in the first place.

At this juncture, again, there is no concrete reporting as to whether Nidal Malik Hasan was in fact a Muslim or an Arab. All that has been reported is that he served in the Department of Psychology at the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress at the Bethesda Naval Facility in Bethesda, Maryland. He is believed to be 39 or 40 years old.

Read more at: Muslim, Arab Groups Condemn Fort Hood Shooting, Brace For Backlash
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Federal law enforcement officials also say Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.

The officials said the postings appeared to have been made by Hasan. The officials said they were still trying to determine whether he was the author. They say an official investigation was not opened. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades.

Army shooting suspect was heading to Iraq - Military- msnbc.com

Comment

What is it about VA Tech?

Nidal Malik Hasan, who shot and killed 12 fellow soldiers and wounded 31 others at Fort Hood, was a 1995 alumnus of Virginia Tech, the Collegiate Times has confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                                Federal law enforcement officials also say Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.
                                Below might be one of those postings. They're not sure he posted it. It was a comment on this paper someone else wrote:

Martyrdom in Islam Versus Suicide Bombing

This is supposedly his comment:

There was a grenade thrown amongs a group of American soldiers. One of the soldiers, feeling that it was to late for everyone to flee jumped on the grave with the intention of saving his comrades. Indeed he saved them. He inentionally took his life (suicide) for a noble cause i.e. saving the lives of his soldier. To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause. Scholars have paralled this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers. If one suicide bomber can kill 100 enemy soldiers because they were caught off guard that would be considered a strategic victory. Their intention is not to die because of some despair.(emphasis added) The same can be said for the Kamikazees in Japan. They died (via crashing their planes into ships) to kill the enemies for the homeland. You can call them crazy i you want but their act was not one of suicide that is despised by Islam. So the scholars main point is that “IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOUR INTENTION IS THE MAIN ISSUE” and Allah (SWT) knows best.

Comment

Working...
                                X