Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've just watched the movie "W" by Ollie Stone(r)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little Presidents joke.

All US Presidents before leaving office, leave behind three envelops behind in the top drawer of the desk in the Oval office.

In the first, the note inside reads:

"Its ok, just blame it on me and my administration."
    Love Uncle George.

In the second, the note inside reads:

"Its ok, just blame it on me and my administration."
    Love Uncle George.

Inside the third and last one the note reads:

"Your all out of excuses now to blame me and my administation,
    Make up three more envelops for the next President.
    Youre on your own!"
    Love Uncle George.

:));)
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by osage18 View Post
      I came away from the movie feeling bad for W.

He strikes me as a good fellow...and not to sound cliche, but truly someone I'd like to have a beer with.

I can kind of see why politics didn't work out for him...he doesn't seem the type.
      Didn't work out? Two-term governor of Texas, two-term President of the United States? It doesn't work out much better than that, sheesh.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
        Sir,can I ask a question:what's your thought when you support US invade Iraq,for the interest of US,or Iraqis?If for the interests of US,you don't need find so many High-sounding excuses,It is only self-deceiving。
        We do things only for the interest of the US, just like any other nation would do things only in self-interest. Does China build railroads to Tibet for the good of Tibetans or for the good of China?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
          Didn't work out? Two-term governor of Texas, two-term President of the United States? It doesn't work out much better than that, sheesh.

-dale
          I meant that he doesn't seem like a political guy...like Obama. Didn't work out for him in terms of all the guff that he got from everyone.
          America doesn't deserve its military

-Emma Sky

Comment

I meant that he doesn't seem like a political guy...like Obama. Didn't work out for him in terms of all the guff that he got from everyone.
            Yeah, Bush wasn't a good talker, but he didn't have to be. He actually did something. Obama just seems to be saying the right things, but can't act on anything.

Comment

He didn't get guff from "everyone", 99% of it came from the Left, liberals, and their propaganda outlets in the MSM. The rest of us may have disagreed with him at times, but respected him.

Obama is a talker, not a do-er, and is actually quite politically inept.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                pate, do you advocate invasion, occupation and forcible democratisation of North Korea, Myanmar, China, Syria, Sudan, etc.
                Sure, but all in good time, my friend. It took the US some (assuming the 1988 gassing of their own people) 20-30 years to bring Saddam to justice? Among our other promises is that we are guarauntors of only our only freedom, and only friends of anyone elses' (anyone elses' freedom, that is.) Of course we should and I hope will attend to our friends' needs eventually...

But to say that Korea (not to be devisive, forsooth, North & South KOREA?); a close friend isn't sleeping with the enemy at some level? My, my, perhaps we need some psychiatric intervention between the two parties, on second thought perhaps not...

Myanmar, China, Syria, Sudan, etc (Cuba, Venezuela, Libya, Iran) the list goes on and on for both me and you HD. I weep for some of the countries you (and I) list, I also just sort of look at some of them askew and ask myself; "What are the people living there thinking?"

Not that I want to really understand what they are thinking, but more to wonder why they aren't doing something about it?

If the liberty I imagine isn't as sacred to them as it is to me, why spill blood over it?

That was a semi-rhetorical question; if their own liberty isn't enough for them to rise up as a people against the regime that holds them under its sway, then that regime is very much a threat to my liberty. Perhaps not now, but in good time, my children and grandchildren's liberty.

Not to put words in your mouth; for I have nothing against any of them. My problem is if I do nothing about it, and trust but am watchful; what happens when I am no longer around to be trustful and watchful? I'm not so sure...

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
                Will pate supply the millions of troops necessary for this task?.
                Now that is the greatest question I have yet noticed today!

I think I have an answer!

Sign up today, The People's Republic of Pate (PRP) is now accepting applications for citizenship. Under our Dear Leader's Tutelege (tm) you will recieve information and advice on how to protect your OWN personal freedom. All that is require is an oath of absolute fealty to Pate on sufferance of death, and you too can share in his great wisdom on personal freedom, wealth and all your dreams come true; but wait, ONLY if YOU are willing to WORK hard to free your fellow man. This takes a TREMENDOUS commitment, one toward CHANGE, and a HOPE that you are not alone... PRP assures you happiness, life, and 'freedom to choose.'*

(fine print:)
                Citizenship in PRP revokes all prior citizenships in all prior countries regardless of birth. "WORK," "WORKING," and "WORKED" by no definition in the PRP dictionary gives any person (or sentient/right bearing being) any rights whatsoever in the PRP. Immunity under the law is in no way to be construed as a 'right**.'

*'freedom to choose' should not be confused with 'liberty' due to the vagaries of the English language (an outdated lingua franca at best) this symbolism of speech has become confusing. (All talk of circle-speak is hereby outlawed in PRP)

**The word 'right' in the outdated language of Ameri/Anglospeak is silly and has no meaning, it means a direction, a political philosophy and some sort of mish-mashery about things that "cannot be taken away." The People's Republic of Pate does not recognize these 'placeholder' definitions of the word, and hereby MANdate (for pate is truly a MAN) that the word means: "uhh," forever and ever, amen. May Pate truly bless pate and his country. Amen

Comment

Aw, Jeez, HD, I meant to invite you to join me, and yesss... If I can I shall indeed provide the 'millions' necessary to liberate the countries you delineated.

Man, I had no idea so many countries were in need. Truly brother you should join with me in the fight against evil...

If it is not too much to ask, perhaps instead of living in your own so obviously well positioned country and making mazillions, you might join me in service to the world and join your local country to free the world of tyranny? oR is it a bit too late for you? Has tyranny visited your Wuderland?

Comment

We do things only for the interest of the US, just like any other nation would do things only in self-interest.
                    Then please don't use human right or democracy as excuses to attack other nations。All these things are good,but all these things make me feel Vomiting when US use it to get its interests

Comment

Dear pate,overthrow the government should not be your goal。What will you do after it?When the Soviet Union disintegration,you have chances to help them,but what happened?Do you has the plan to build up the new the government In line with your imagination?Are you sure you can avoid Russia's tragedy? Look what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan,I don't think they have a better life now。

Comment

Then please don't use human right or democracy as excuses to attack other nations。All these things are good,but all these things make me feel Vomiting when US use it to get its interests
                        Luke,you don't get it.It's called getting two birds with one shot.
                        Those who know don't speak
                        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Dear pate,overthrow the government should not be your goal。What will you do after it?When the Soviet Union disintegration,you have chances to help them,but what happened?Do you has the plan to build up the new the government In line with your imagination?Are you sure you can avoid Russia's tragedy? Look what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan,I don't think they have a better life now
                          Well, you think wrong.

In a few years, Afghanis and Iraqis will be able to do whatever they want on the internet, something you'll never ever be able to do living in China ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                            Well, you think wrong.
                            In a few years, Afghanis and Iraqis will be able to do whatever they want on the internet, something you'll never ever be able to do living in China ;)
                            Then how many years is the "a few years"?And no matter Presidential elections or freedom of expression isn't our goal,the better life is.You can't make sure it will come true just rely on Democracy.

Comment

Then how many years is the "a few years"?And no matter Presidential elections or freedom of expression isn't our goal,the better life is.You can't make sure it will come true just rely on Democracy.
                              Democracy and freedom for all! Everyone deserves it, so do you, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mobbme View Post
                                democracy and freedom for all! Everyone deserves it, so do you, my friend.
                                Cheers to that!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Comment

Working...
                                X