Edwards AFB 2009 open house (air show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last but not least, the BONE

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
      The Spit is still an elegant looking aircraft isn't she?
      That she is, sir. A classic 1930's "golden age" European look.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        Some static displays:

I don't know what this is.

That's a Boeing-Stearman Model 75, known more commonly as simply a "Stearman"
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Some damn fine photos; thanks for sharing them.

Comment

Them's some great pics, thanks
            When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              Mitsubishi A6M "Zero"

I think this is authentic. In that case, I can't believe I saw one. There aren't that many left in the world.

Notice this Zero has fancy electronics installed. Must be an optional equipment.

It is indeed authentic (built in 1942). This particular A6M3 belongs to the American Airpower Heritage Flying Museum in Midland, Texas. According to FAA records there are six original ZEROS, in flying condition, in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Gus00 View Post
                It is indeed authentic (built in 1942). This particular A6M3 belongs to the American Airpower Heritage Flying Museum in Midland, Texas. According to FAA records there are six original ZEROS, in flying condition, in the U.S.
                I found some information on those planes I saw at the show. There are 6 flying Zeroes but only one has the original engine. The rest use American engines.

Comment

The Bone, One of the coolest planes I ever laid eyes upon in the late 80's.
                  Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    That's a Boeing-Stearman Model 75, known more commonly as simply a "Stearman"
                    Yep, Knew a bar owner in my area that had one (Black and Tan colors). He had three wooden props hanging on the wall along with alot of memoribillia. Guys used to pay this guy to photograph their cars, bikes and ladies with his plane. One of his more favorite manuvers was the inverted "hammer roll". A friend of mine got a real good close up of that manuver.:))
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Great pics , deffo some UFO material

Comment

Great photos man. I like the close-ups of the F-22 and the B-1. Both look almost as good as the Stratofortress :)

I’ve had the chance to photograph some US military planes in Hong Kong too when they make the occasional visit, such as the C-17, C-130, C-40 & the C-32.

Nebula82.

Comment

Great photos GN, you have a good eye.
                          Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            Great pics , deffo some UFO material
                            Amazed there was no jokes from you about there being 1000 Italian Kamikaze planes still flying:))

Comment

Working...
                            X