No announcement yet.

Castle Doctrine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The preservation of life should be something we do, by whatever means, whatever the location. Most definitely in our homes.

Comment

Don't know about other states but in Washington State (my residence state) outside of the city limits (not sure if it's the same within city limits and don't really care as I live 100 yards outside the city limits line), after warning shot fired, you have the right to shoot trespasser or any other violator below waist and it would not be considered as felony.
      I totally support that.
      If I don't want any 1 trying to pull the stereo out of my car on my property than I should be able to enforce that will, and as far as I believe every state uses US Allodial Land System and has common "Real Estate enjoyment" classifications and system... so the right of "exclusion" lets you to "keep other people from using the property", and if some dumb-heads don't get it from words then I should have some means to exercise my right by some means without waiting 15 minutes for the county sheriff to show up and tell them "sir, you can't stay on this property..."
      Why gun can't be that "mean"?
      Наша жизнь как пианино: белая клавиша, черная клавиша и крышка

Comment

I reserve the right to scatter the innereds of any individual or group of individuals who come onto my property with ill intents. I also reserve the right to be the judge of such intent.

I was born with a natural ability for deflection shooting and I rarely miss my target.

I have also heard all the arguments for right or wrong and I reserve the right to decide that for myself too.:))
        Si Uis Pacem Para Bellum
        Pax Per Potens

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
          I don't know what the UK law is in this regard.

Before anyone brings up Tony Martin, he shot a guy fleeing his home.
          You have no rights in the U.K. they gave the right to keep and bear arms up in England, Australia and elsewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec
          Last edited by Bohemian; 26 Oct 09,, 23:36.

Comment

Just have to add one more event of "Castle" protection that happened to us.

At that time we lived in the rear house of a lot with three houses in Bellflower, California. Bellflower is under Los Angeles County Sheriff jurisdiction.

I was away one night at a meeting. At that time, I usually kept a .380 Llama around for house protection as it was easier for my wife to load and fire than the .45 ACP Colt.

Our neighbor in the front house just got home from work and saw somebody inside the house (not her husband as his truck was not there). She ran back to our house and my wife loaded the .380 and walked back up to also look around. They didn't see any movement but called the Sheriff out anyway. Two deputies arrived and searched the house and found no one and theorized that once he was spotted he took off while the resident ran back to our house.

They asked my wife if everything was okay there. She said, "Yes but while out here he may have sneaked into our house and my husband has a rather valuable gun collection."

So they inspected our house as well and my wife was able to confirm that nothing was out of order.

Now, here's kicker number one: All this time she was still carrying the .380 alongside the deputies.

Kicker number two: She told them she was concerned of having the gun in hand as she was not sworn in yet as a U.S. citizen (she is from Kaposvar, Hungary and speaks English with a Hungarian and Spanish accent as she also lived in Venezuela for 8 years).

Kicker number three: The deputies told her not to worry and women have the right to protect themselves (plus her mentioning I worked for the Navy put them at ease as far as citizenship was concerned).

Kicker number four: One of the deputies said, "Well, if you are a bit afraid of carrying that gun around, let me unload it for you." and he dropped the magazine out and handed both to my wife.

Kicker number five (the big one): My wife said, "Thank you. But you forgot to pull the slide back as there is still a live round in there."
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

support: (in no particular order) castle law, NRA, second amendment, ASPCA, troops, nuclear power,...(more will be added, as it comes to mind)
              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Ruskiy View Post
                Don't know about other states but in Washington State (my residence state) outside of the city limits (not sure if it's the same within city limits and don't really care as I live 100 yards outside the city limits line), after warning shot fired, you have the right to shoot trespasser or any other violator below waist and it would not be considered as felony.
                I totally support that.
                Warning shot? What a waste of ammo, especially with today's prices...
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Support it, with the caveat that, depending on circumstances, reasonable precautions are taken to avoid circumstances like this: Yoshihiro Hattori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After all, soldiers in Afghanistan often will shout out commands to STOP in Pashtu, Urdu, Dari and English before opening fire on an advancing suspicious person/vehicle.
                  HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                    or is undertaken with another felonious intent.
                    Not too sure to what the extent of "another felonious intent" means?
                    Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                    the judge did not win his seat at the next election.
                    I wish we had that system over here

Comment

Kee in mind that when danger is but seconds away, the police are minutes away. I choose not to be a victim.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Warning shot? What a waste of ammo, especially with today's prices...
                        well, if you're using AK-47 ammo is not that expensive 17 cents per round while .50 cal is about 3-3.5 bucks per round... I know, not the best accuracy but economy forces me to downsize my calibers...
                        Наша жизнь как пианино: белая клавиша, черная клавиша и крышка

Comment

Originally posted by ragman View Post
                          I am an Alaskan and probably more heavily armed than the average. I am also fairly well trained and practiced. I am married to a woman who is a retired judge, and made up my mind a long time ago that an intruder would not survive the experience. No question, no hesitation. I do not however believe that its appropriate to administer the death penalty for theft. As a follower of Jesus I'm pretty sure that there are not very many circumstances he would endorse for amateur death penalty administration. I am not saying that a thief with violence in their heart would survive the experience, but I am in general against killing no matter what the reason for. Except in the case of the preservation of life. Mine, yours, our childrens' and the next door neighbors, the list goes on.
                          Jesus is dead mate. Why do you speak of this myth in the present tense?
                          sigpic

Comment

Dead for some. Alive for others... This is probably not the place for a theological discussion.
                            Still wedded to my principles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruskiy View Post
                              well, if you're using AK-47 ammo is not that expensive 17 cents per round while .50 cal is about 3-3.5 bucks per round... I know, not the best accuracy but economy forces me to downsize my calibers...
                              I'd rather save that $0.17 so I can put it in a bad guy than to waste it in the air... You know, a more productive use of lead and steal.:P

I remember back in the day when I paid $1.98 for a box of 20 rounds of 7.62x39mm
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Gun Control in Canada:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmrqT9SIkQw

England Gun Ban Update:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec

Australian Gun Control Facts:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oSH7lToqiE

Comment

Working...
                                X