USS Iowa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    *Fastest location would have been the XO stateroom.;)
    I knew I should have taken a photo of the Porta Potty on the starboard side by Turret 3. The arrows seen are really for finding your way out if the power goes out. Even though the rows have power not every ship in a row may have power. For example, Row G with the Iowa, the Roanoke no power, the Wabash next to it does and then two more over the Nereus doesn't. Every now and then power goes out in a row for whatever reason and may take days to get back. I've heard some rows are prone to it while others never have that problem such as G. Anyway many ships require flashlights to get around since once away from the access hatch the insides are ink black.

Once inside the Holland for the first time we didn't know there was power so we went about with flashlights from top to rock bottom. Next time we were able to power up the ship and then I couldn't find some spaces that I was in when dark. Recognition ability was completely different in dark vs. light. The fluorescent arrows help you find your way out in the darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by connaye View Post

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ??
      :)):)):))
      I spent about 10,000 manhours working on two of them, actual "Standing on deckplates" time. I can close my eyes and tour about 80% of the ship in my mind. I'm just not interested in visiting them. If I could have done it all over again the only thing I would have changed was to bring a camera, even if I had to sneak it on board.

Comment

Photographs.....

So , RB's photo's are historical ( i.e. after deactivation) or he had permission?
        " Lite all burners, make all steam! "

Comment

Originally posted by connaye View Post
          So , RB's photo's are historical ( i.e. after deactivation) or he had permission?
          Somewhere on the WAB are pictures of cRusty and his group of inspectors on board Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytlas View Post
            Somewhere on the WAB are pictures of cRusty and his group of inspectors on board Iowa.

Here's one of them where we held our meetings and reviews of inspections in the wardroom.
            Attached Files
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Working...
            X