WAB Pub re-name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAB Pub re-name

That's right, we're soliciting potential names to re-name our awfully generic sounding World Affairs Board Pub. Use your imaginations, and think up something unique and creative! Any and all suggestions, whether relevant to the theme of the forum or not, are welcome, as well as feedback on the suggestions of other members.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Herestory. If it needs explaining it means it doesn't work -- so I won't.

Comment

Just off the topy of my head. Went to a funeral today, still have to eat dinner and then go to my Model Train Club meeting. Operating night where we have all kinds of trains running all over the place.

General Discussion (GEN DISC)

Gossip Room (GOS RM) ----- {just kidding}

The Round Table (RD TBL) ----- actually I sort of like that one, we can imagine ourselves as Knights of Arthur, King of the Generals -- or was it General of the Kings?

The Board Room (BRD RM)
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Rick's............play it again Sam
        CADPIPE

Comment

I had intended to mention that I meant for the 'Pub' portion to remain while the 'World Affairs Board' portion would be changed. Everybody ought to already know they're at the World Affairs Board, so it's rather redundant and generic. Alternative titles not including 'Pub' are still welcome, but what have we got that could include it?

Comment

Mos Eisley Space Pub.

-dale

Comment

I used to read A. Bertram Chandler back in the day and he always used the phrase "C'mon in, this is Liberty Hall. spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard".
              So I like Liberty Hall for a name.

P.S. he was a merchant marine officer and the last master of the HMS Melbourne before she was broken up.

Comment

Sir,I found the content of posts in World Affairs Board Pub Content is very wide,why not give it a name that means that we can chat here easily or we can place posts that we think isn't suitable in other plates。As for the word,I think you can get the more Appropriate name than me。

Comment

"Pub" implies that it's a place for all sorts of discussion. Mostly non-sense, but all kinds. :)

Public house - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

How about "The Quad", short for quadrangle; every institution of higher learning I've been to has a "Quad". It's a place where literally everybody gathers and has interesting social intercourse.
                    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

How about…..The Global Pub? Or the Everyday Pub.

Alternatively, to replace “Pub”, the suggestion I put forth is World Affairs Board Lounge.

Nebula82.

Comment

For some reason, I really like the name " The Cantina"

Failing that, I'll go with dale's idea.

C'mon Iron Duke....let's go wild!!!! ;)

Comment

Liberty Hall is good and so is The Global Pub.

Or maybe "Hanger 3 Pub"
                          Si Uis Pacem Para Bellum
                          Pax Per Potens

Comment

Tavern on the blue marble

Comment

The Celine dion appreciation pub
                              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Working...
                              X