No announcement yet.

Comparison: 7.62NATO rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JLD started manufacturing the PTR91, an HK knockoff. They had some problems but they had some refinements as well. One was they replaced the V-notch in the rear sight with a larger peep. I have to say I liked that better than the notch. Notice how they make so many "HK style" sights for other weapons aftermarket. Cause they are great!:)

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
      JLD started manufacturing the PTR91, an HK knockoff. They had some problems but they had some refinements as well. One was they replaced the V-notch in the rear sight with a larger peep. I have to say I liked that better than the notch. Notice how they make so many "HK style" sights for other weapons aftermarket. Cause they are great!:)
      They'll have to watch their 6, H&K USA will have their gut for garters as they did with the GSG5. Now I ask myself why would two German Companies battle that one out in US court's instead of in Germany, oh yeah, because they would have lost ;):))

Tony
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post
        They'll have to watch their 6, H&K USA will have their gut for garters as they did with the GSG5. Now I ask myself why would two German Companies battle that one out in US court's instead of in Germany, oh yeah, because they would have lost ;):))

Tony
        I thought it was on the up and up. As I understood it, the patent ran out on the 91 allowing others to manuf the rifle. Do you know something I'm missing there?

Comment

Originally posted by DragoonGuard View Post
          I really liked the SLR version of the FAL/FN too.

This is me 19 years old - I made 55th in the ARA 'Hundred' at Bisley. (Got best young soldier with it too)

Really enjoyed that weapon........
          I too enjoyed using the SLR and I was part of the RAF Brize Norton team at Bisley in 1983!

Comment

I have found the trigger on my HK91 too heavy, hindering accuracy. The triggers on the 3 M1A's that I have owned were much better. The FAL looks the coolest IMHO but I've never fired one. I'd stick with the M14 for now.

Comment

I thought it was on the up and up. As I understood it, the patent ran out on the 91 allowing others to manuf the rifle. Do you know something I'm missing there?
              I can only copy post what I have been reading on the web.

October 12, 2009

Re: Heckler and Koch, Inc. vs. German Sport Guns GmbH, American Tactical Imports,
              Inc. Civil Action No. 1 : 09-cv-00039-WTL-JMS (S.D. Indiana)

For immediate release,

We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against
              German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc.,
              together with all counterclaims, has been settled.

The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A
              dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the party’s claims against each
              other, is expected to be filed in the near future.

Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already
              issued a statement announcing the settlement.

Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with
              the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by
              ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock.

All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to
              service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.

Anthony DiChario
              President C.E.O.
              American Tactical Imports, Inc.
              Tony

Comment

Tony,

They must have infringed on a standing copyright there. I think the 91(G3) is the only one that someone can make legally right now.

Comment

They must have infringed on a standing copyright there. I think the 91(G3) is the only one that someone can make legally right now.
                  I personally think that H&K saw GSG making way to much money on something that H&K could/should have been making and marketing. As I know the MP5 and own a GSG5 believe me the appearance and the layout of the components are the only similarities, all the internals are completely different, and I'd even dare say that no parts are interchangeable. So WTF., H&K have now removed a great little plinker from the market, and I bet you if and when they do make and market an MP5/22 it will be in such small quantities and the outrageous price will mean that only the serious will be interested.

Who knows maybe GSG will get the contract to make them from H&K, as they already make several other guns like the mosquito for other major players.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post
                    I too enjoyed using the SLR and I was part of the RAF Brize Norton team at Bisley in 1983!
                    I was there just three years after you in 86'.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DragoonGuard View Post
                      I was there just three years after you in 86'.....
                      Most of my memories are just drunken hazes! But it was still a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post
                        I personally think that H&K saw GSG making way to much money on something that H&K could/should have been making and marketing. As I know the MP5 and own a GSG5 believe me the appearance and the layout of the components are the only similarities, all the internals are completely different, and I'd even dare say that no parts are interchangeable. So WTF., H&K have now removed a great little plinker from the market, and I bet you if and when they do make and market an MP5/22 it will be in such small quantities and the outrageous price will mean that only the serious will be interested.

Who knows maybe GSG will get the contract to make them from H&K, as they already make several other guns like the mosquito for other major players.

Tony
                        I think you may be exactly right all around there.

Comment

Originally posted by FOG3 View Post
                          The result was the Germans contracted the rights for the CETME back from the Spanish and produced what became the G-3, the FAL's main competitor.
                          Just to recap: The competition back then was between the FN FAL (G1), SIG StG 57 (G2), CETME Model B (G3) and AR-10 (G4). The G1 was preliminary standard rifle from '55 on, and pretty much would have had the contract. Then that thing with the Belgians happened and the G3 was chosen instead.
                          StG 57 was found to be pretty much mill-of-the-run, while the AR-10 wasn't exactly in any kind of top spot in the competition. The already procured FALs were handed down to police units (some of those might actually still have them in their armories!). A German company (IWK) later procured a license for the original CETME B btw.

Comment

Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post
                            Most of my memories are just drunken hazes! But it was still a great time!
                            'Association match' - 10/10 on the Fig 12c at 500m - And I was still wrecked from the night before!!
                            Last edited by DragoonGuard; 25 Oct 09,, 09:20.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm going to throw some hot peppers into this discussion.

What about the Saiga 308? Converted to pistol grip configuration and upgraded with a good aperture sight/rail, it's a kick butt and economical MBR.

I have one that I did the pg conversion on and it has never had a ftf or any other type of malfunction. It shoots into 1 - 1.5 MOA with handloads and 2MOA with Herty milsurp ammo. This surprised me. My other AK's shoot well but not that well. I don't have the sight/rail upgrade and just use the side rail with low mount when I want optics.

I do attribute much of the accuracy to the fact that I used a Red Star/Power Customs fully adjustable Vepr fcg. The trigger pull is single stage with a crisp brake. It's short, stiff 16" barrel is probably also a plus.

You can set-up two Saigas for the price of one M1A1.

I have a bunch of FBMG 20 round mags for mine - but surefire makes them now and I understand they are reliable as well.

Here's a pic of mine:

Last edited by OSOK; 31 Dec 09,, 19:28.
                              Don't just sit there, do something!

Comment

Originally posted by OSOK View Post
                                I'm going to throw some hot peppers into this discussion.

What about the Saiga 308? Converted to pistol grip configuration and upgraded with a good aperture sight/rail, it's a kick butt and economical MBR.
                                I thougt you said hot peppers, not jokes.

You can set-up two Saigas for the price of one M1A1.
                                Not a bargain, unless you are the guy with the M1A that just picked off the guy with the two Saigas. Now I can go trade them for something good...like a sandwich.;)

But seriously, shoot what you want and have fun, but if it ever comes to serious business, you are missing out on the rounds potential when you cant hit squatty at 300 yds.

Comment

Working...
                                X