Celine Dion, North Korea Karaoke Super Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celine Dion, North Korea Karaoke Super Star

At a small Pyongyang restaurant, the karaoke girls were word-perfect, singing none other than "My Heart Will Go On." Celine Dion is apparently big in North Korea, where Western cultural influences are deemed subversive.

What's more, the video had been recut with important political monuments. Pyongyang's Arch of Triumph flashed on the screen as the singers warbled, followed by the Tower of Juche Idea, a monument to self-sufficiency, one of the core principles of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Maybe someone out there has a sneaky sense of humor; maybe the ideological controls are relaxing; or maybe, just maybe, Celine Dion is breaking down barriers.
    Facade Of Perfection Slips Occasionally In N. Korea : NPR

The actual radio story is funnier but I was too terrified to take note. Be afraid be very afraid.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Ahhh, even Stalinist Korea is no match!!!! Is there no hope?

Comment

This thread is in the Pics and Video section.

So it has to have pics.

Don't blame me, I didn't put it here.

I may start using some of these for necro threads. Dead chick isn't doing the job anymore
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gun Grape; 13 Oct 09,, 03:30.

Comment

Here she is in that famous "Give me a call OoE" pose

I'm headed for my bunker now.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 15 Oct 09,, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape
          I may start using some of these for necro threads. Dead chick isn't doing the job anymore
          Dude, that's pretty harsh, even for necroposters. We're talking serious mental scarring here.

Ya know, the beautiful thing is, the Colonel can't really defile your post any more than it's already defiled. Of course, I'm sure he will take this as a challenge...
          Last edited by ArmchairGeneral; 13 Oct 09,, 03:49.
          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

So Gunny, when did you develop a death-wish?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Oh God, GS, even I won't go all over the internet searching for these pics. You need help, GS.

Comment

I used to have anorexia just like her , but i managed thro sheer grit and determination (and lots o beer ) ,, to ,er ,fight it off

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                  This thread is in the Pics and Video section.

So it has to have pics.

Don't blame me, I didn't put it here.

You are pure evil!
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Wow...just wow

I hereby declare this thread to be a WAB Disaster Area, clearing the way for corporate funds to pay for our collective therapy and memory erasure.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Puffing smoke and calling for a barrage. A heavy barage.
                      Attached Files
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        Puffing smoke and calling for a barrage. A heavy barage.
                        We desperately need combat engineers.

I wonder where we can find some.
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

YouTube - Celine Dion -Think Twice

runs off giggling loudly , clutching groin to avoid wetting pants :))

Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 15 Oct 09,, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            We desperately need combat engineers.

I wonder where we can find some.
                            *Sorry TH but nothings going to help that voice get any better.:));)

Maybe we can use it to force NK to destroy their nuke plants.
                            Last edited by Dreadnought; 13 Oct 09,, 13:49.
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              YouTube - Celine Dion -Think Twice

runs off giggling loudly , clutching groin to avoid wetting pants :))
                              Cruel Man.

While I may post the she devils pictures I would never go so far as to post videos (Ok on one thread) that includes the wail of the Banshee

Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 15 Oct 09,, 13:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X