Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN PR photo..... Yamato in New York
    Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Xinhui Reply

:)):))
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
        He's going kinda fast in coastal waters there...hope he's got a good pilot.
        USNA 2014?

Comment

i think the yamato pic is a modern day PS edit intended for romanticism
          there are many irregularities and inconsistencies with WW2 propaganda photographic manipulation techniques and trend/purpose
          i searched for yamato photos and after a quick look found this photo from DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND page
          more detailed info about the photo in that page make me think it is unlikely that the photograph was used during the war for photo editing propaganda

My speculation might also probably be wrong :)

Originally posted by Kilo 2-3 View Post
          He's going kinda fast in coastal waters there...hope he's got a good pilot.
          if the coast is photo-manipulation, does he need to be that good?
          the original pic shows yamato in sea trial, hence the high speed
          Last edited by paintgun; 18 Feb 10,, 05:53.

Comment

Originally posted by paintgun View Post
            if the coast is photo-manipulation, does he need to be that good?
            the original pic shows yamato in sea trial, hence the high speed
            The Coney Island Ferry still'd better watch out....;)
            USNA 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by tinymarae View Post
              That's Nathan Hale saying "I regret having only one life to give to the country"

How do I know ?

One nation under god

Move your mouse over the characters to see their description :))

Interview with artist about his painting

My heart burn with painting...yes, we are One Nation Under God....NOT One Nation Under Christ.

You do not have to be a Christian in order to believe that line in the Pledge of Allegience.

And the "artist" is lousy historian. If he knew anything about Thomas Jefferson he would not have included him in the painting.

Monticello Report: Jefferson's Religious Beliefs

The same with Benjamin Franklin who was a Deist, not a practicing Christian.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo 2-3 View Post
                In regards to the "One Nation Under God" painting:

It's kinda funny how Franklin and Jefferson are in there.

Franklin was a deist and Jefferson was effectively, (but not openly) something of an atheist.

OOOOPSSSS!

Should have read all of the posts first!

What he said.
                Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post

No, this is quite accurate. You can tell because of the pall that hangs over the Jersey shore. I mean that is Jersey City in a nutshell!
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    My heart burn with painting...yes, we are One Nation Under God....NOT One Nation Under Christ.

You do not have to be a Christian in order to believe that line in the Pledge of Allegience.

And the "artist" is lousy historian. If he knew anything about Thomas Jefferson he would not have included him in the painting.

Monticello Report: Jefferson's Religious Beliefs

The same with Benjamin Franklin who was a Deist, not a practicing Christian.
                    Given the presence of Skousen's little screed in the painting I think we can take that as read. :)
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Thread Jacking!

Jefferson was (wrongly) accused of being an athiest during his campaign as a presidential candidate. Among other things, he was called the anti-Christ by hostile pamphleteers, if memory serves... Anyone knows conclusive evidence Franklin was an atheist? Not that I doubt the assertion having read a bit about his private life as ambassador to France...
                      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                      -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                        Thread Jacking!

Jefferson was (wrongly) accused of being an athiest during his campaign as a presidential candidate. Among other things, he was called the anti-Christ by hostile pamphleteers, if memory serves... Anyone knows conclusive evidence Franklin was an atheist? Not that I doubt the assertion having read a bit about his private life as ambassador to France...

I have only heard Franklin settling into Deism, not atheism, in his later years. He was raised Puritan and then explored Congregationalism and Prebyterianism later on.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Deism was sort of a form of non-confrontational atheism in the days before Darwinism made atheism easier to justify/explain.

So that puts Franklin one step away from being an atheist I guess...
                          USNA 2014?

Comment

Here are more Commie-ist Propaganda (TM)
                            Attached Files
                            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmmm

El Tres de Mayo de 1808 en Madrid o Los fusilamientos en la montana del Principe Pio
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X