Future of USS Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of USS Enterprise

I was reviewing the next USN air craft carrier class called CVX today and noticed something odd. It is NOT going to be called USS Enterprise, but the Gerald Ford. Enterprise is going to be decommissioned with NO replacement. I don't know about you folks, but I am stark raving MAD!!!

Take a look at the wiki entry....

Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78), (2015) — Scheduled to replace Enterprise (CVN-65).
    Gerald R. Ford class aircraft carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have written all my congressional leaders on up to the White House. If you folks care at all, please join me on my quest to right this wrong. The name USS Enterprise should not be left to rust when it should be the name of our future carrier class. All ships after it would be refered to as Enterprise class if it is the lead ship. It was the first nuclear carrier and the most decorated flat top of WWII. The Big E should and will be CVX with your support. Please help out and spread the word. It is going to require a movement to get this done.

don't worry there is still a HMS Enterprise out there
    Naval Warfare Discussion is dying on WAB

Comment

will the Enterprise be decomissioned in time for the Gerald Ford to be comissioned.. be kinda hard to name the CVN-78 the Enterprise if the Big E is still using the name..

Comment

She will be replaced with Enterprise-A?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Oh, they already have the new USS Enterprise all laid out. A barracks in Great Mistakes Illinois!!

Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

The USS Enterprise will be a museum ship eventually, but probably after spending quite a bit of time in reserves getting parted out and having her fuel removed and her reactor compartments sealed off.

Preservationists are doing the same with the Savannah, so the Enterprise will likely follow a similar route, just on a much larger scale.
            You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Wow - i didnt know there was a ship called the Enterprise.

Was it named after the Telly program or was the Telly program named after it?

Comment

I have written all my congressional leaders on up to the White House. If you folks care at all, please join me on my quest to right this wrong. The name USS Enterprise should not be left to rust when it should be the name of our future carrier class.
                This worked well in the 70s for the Star Trek fans who wanted the first Space Shuttle, Constitution, to be re-named Enterprise. That is until they found out that OV-101 would never go into space.

Comment

Working...
                X