No US Victory in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keith,

Love this article. It is a huge 'I told you so' to those that say we didn't get what we came for in Iraq.

We won. So did the Iraqis. Saddam and the psycho animals that he was pleased to call his sons are dead, and nothing that follows will ever be as bad as they were, so yeah...

WE WON.
    we did, and that's one thing i never tire of pointing out to the Afghan doubters, too.

on the other hand, i wish it didn't cost so much as it did. it absolutely kills me that we couldn't have gotten from there to here by 2004-2005, instead of 2009-2010. so many lost chances.

and now we have an even harder fight on our hands. if obama wins this, then he'll have something on the record to be proud of.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

by the way, keith,

you guys get gorgon stare yet? let me know elsewhere if you can't post that here.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

and nothing that follows will ever be as bad as they were, so yeah...
        Keith, i wouldnt be so sure of that...
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor View Post
          What disaster? Maybe I'm confused but over 1 million potential enemy lives have been lost in a country hostile to the US for a loss of less than 10,000 allied lives. The US has also got them fighting amoungst themselves instead of as a unified governement. If thats not a clear cut vistory what is?
          Well you terminated a big rival of Iran and created a second shia-controlled state. I don't know if it was realy such a brilliant move on your part.

Comment

Working...
          X