Argie fury at ace jets on islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post
    the expression, Brown Job, is actually older than Pongo, and was the expression used by Officers or as we called them zobbits (Maltese for s**t). The army Officers used to call us 'Blue Jobs'.

I see that other members of your family had to sense to join a decent service. What trades are they?
    Brother = Air Frames. Father was a 'Rock'. One of the most Feared SWOs' in the Air Force :))

Comment

Not good PR for 'Crab Air'. Bit like what one would see in a Cartoon.

An Afghan girl died after a box of information leaflets - dropped by a British military plane and intended to help the local population - landed on top of her.

The British MoD has launched an investigation into the incident, which occurred three months ago in a rural area of Helmand in southern Afghanistan where British troops are battling Taliban insurgents.

Civilian casualties have become an extremely sensitive issue in Afghanistan, with US commander General Stanley McChyrstal warning that protecting civilians from US and NATO air strikes is essential to getting the upper hand in the conflict.

Foreign Secretary David Miliband has also warned any civilian casualties were "dangerous" for the NATO-led mission.

Western forces regularly use leaflet drops to provide information and warnings to local Afghans, as well as to counter Taliban propaganda.

The girl died after being hit on June 27 by the box of leaflets, which were being regularly distributed in the run-up to presidential elections held in August.

"Sadly one of the boxes failed to fully open and on landing caused serious injuries to an Afghan child," a Royal Air Force spokesman said in a statement.

"The child was treated at the local medical facility in Kandahar where despite the best efforts of staff she died as a result of her injuries."

The MoD said it was believed to be the first time a civilian had been killed by such an airdrop of leaflets.

Britain has about 9000 troops in Afghanistan, mainly in Helmand. Some 40 British soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan in the last two months and 218 have died there since the US-led invasion in 2001, a greater death toll than during the Iraq war.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Tell him Tankie said , the second time round was better than the first .;)
        Ouch! :))

Rub some salt in that wound to prevent bacterial growth?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post

I see that other members of your family had to sense to join a decent service. What trades are they?
          if they're in the RAF - though i'm not sure where the confusion over joining a 'decent' service could arise - then 'wearer lots of man-made fibres', 'wearer of grey slip on shoes', and 'being called Kevin' would be the most likely ones....

the Royal Air Force, the worlds longest running, and most expensive April fools joke!
          before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            Ouch! :))

Rub some salt in that wound to prevent bacterial growth?
            ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
              Brother = Air Frames. Father was a 'Rock'. One of the most Feared SWOs' in the Air Force :))
              My two eldest brothers, were sappers, the youngest brother was a FLM! And, for our sins, we all did time in the ATC!

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel View Post
                if they're in the RAF - though i'm not sure where the confusion over joining a 'decent' service could arise - then 'wearer lots of man-made fibres', 'wearer of grey slip on shoes', and 'being called Kevin' would be the most likely ones....

the Royal Air Force, the worlds longest running, and most expensive April fools joke!
                Damn, now the secret is out, I'll have to kill you!

Comment

Working...
                X