Brzezinski: US Should Attack Israeli Aircraft Striking Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    *You have not seen their inflight refueling jet to jet yet?
    Yeah, i saw that this other time and i thought it was photoshoping or some kind of manoeuvre. Does the US military do fighter to fighter refuelling?

Comment

Originally posted by Countezero View Post
      Exactly. Saudi Arabia and all the Gulf states will secretly appreciate if if Israel does this. Not to mention Turkey and Egypt.
      Don't know about Turkey. Judging by the current administration's behaviour, they are anyone's guess.

Comment

I say the US should fast forward their pullout from Iraq and let these ME countries deal with each other. Ahd'jad is busy talking rubbish at every turn about the US, what he does not realise is the US is the only standing obstacle between him and his nemesis.

Come to think of it, since Israel and Iran are itching for each other's blood, isn't there an internation law that can allow these two to slug it out and victor takes all. When i was growing up when two boys kept raving at each other, we would simply pick a place and a time, provide protection barrier from intruders, throw them into the ring and let them vent it out until winner emerges. After that, there is good respect between the two once enemies :).

Comment

Can someone post the pics of the two jets refueling? Cursory google search, couldn't find it. Too much rubbish to sift through
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
            Don't know about Turkey. Judging by the current administration's behaviour, they are anyone's guess.
            Erdogan buddies up to Iran, but at the end of the day, that's about money and trade and neither he nor the Turkish NSC want their Shia neighbors -- whom they have a history of opposing that goes back to Ottoman times -- to have a bomb that could threaten them or threaten Turkey's bid to become the regional hegemon. Erdogan's recent remarks about Iran on Charlie Rose when he was in the states were pretty ridiculous, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              In some ways Israel doing the dirty work will suit some ME countries. They can rage in public about Israel while privately feeling relived that Iran won't be getting its nukes.
              I think it’s more nuanced than that.
              Most ME countries don’t want a nuclear Iran. But a nuclear Iran could be a perfect excuse for them to go nuclear themselves. And I’m sure Egypt, S. Arabia, Turkey, Syria and others would like to join the nuclear club.

Comment

Originally posted by Countezero View Post
                Erdogan buddies up to Iran, but at the end of the day, that's about money and trade and neither he nor the Turkish NSC want their Shia neighbors -- whom they have a history of opposing that goes back to Ottoman times -- to have a bomb that could threaten them or threaten Turkey's bid to become the regional hegemon. Erdogan's recent remarks about Iran on Charlie Rose when he was in the states were pretty ridiculous, though.
                I thought Erdogan (speaking for Turkey) said that Iran has the right to pursue its nuclear ambition and that all parties that oppose Iran are hypocrites who possess nuclear technology themselves.

He also said that Turkey is bridge between Iran and the West and he offered Iran (which Iran refused) to store fuel for them in Turkey

he also declared that it is impossible for Muslims to commit Genocide.

Erdo very good politician in my view. Military should support Erdo..........
                Wolf Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                  Yeah, i saw that this other time and i thought it was photoshoping or some kind of manoeuvre. Does the US military do fighter to fighter refuelling?
                  It's called Buddy refuelling.

The Navy Does it, because it's only available in the Probe & Drogue format. USAF are not equipped for it.

Edit:
                  Sorry Zinja. AFAIK the Israelis are very much capable of Indigenous modifications for Aerial refuelling - They have modified 707's in the past to act as tankers. I am not sure that they could Hire a tanking services company like Omega air however. But, refuelling any combat jet, with an appreciable war load with buddy refuelling, does not give you that much extra distance - in terms of the distance that an Israeli strike would have to travel. The greater the operation, the more exponential the refuelling operation is. Although the distance is much greater - look at the refuelling operation required for the British to get a mere 2 Aircraft over Stanley in the Black buck raids.

I am not to sure that Israel could undertake such an operation over an extended period of time without the blind eye being turned to the operation by other nation states between it & Iran.
                  Last edited by Chunder; 28 Dec 09,, 09:29.
                  Ego Numquam

Comment

Originally posted by Ararat View Post
                    I thought Erdogan (speaking for Turkey) said that Iran has the right to pursue its nuclear ambition and that all parties that oppose Iran are hypocrites who possess nuclear technology themselves.

He also said that Turkey is bridge between Iran and the West and he offered Iran (which Iran refused) to store fuel for them in Turkey

he also declared that it is impossible for Muslims to commit Genocide.

Erdo very good politician in my view. Military should support Erdo..........
                    He did say those things, which is what I was referring to. He says lots of things. He once famously praised the Muslim Brotherhood in front of Mubarak and Mubarak turned and said something along the lines of, "If you love them so much, why don't you take them back to Turkey."

My point is that he runs his mouth to appeal to his base back home and to help position Turkey as the ultimate broker (by playing the contrarian), which is the way he and his govt. think Turkey can climb to regional prominence. But, at the end of the day, I don't think he or Turkey want a nuclear Iran because they know what that means.

Comment

About 12-14 jets scrambelled over Iraqi airspace, buddy refuelling around 8-10 others, participating in the actual strikes, does seem realistic, albeit minus external intervention.
                      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                        About 12-14 jets scrambelled over Iraqi airspace, buddy refuelling around 8-10 others, participating in the actual strikes, does seem realistic, albeit minus external intervention.
                        I think as a general rule of thumb with operating on Buddy refuelling is that you need around twice the amount buddy refuellers because of the relatively small fuel offload capacity, + if anything goes wrong. Then of course there is the mission profile / fuel burn to consider.

Im not sure how easy it is for the Israeli's to take out the site per-se as in how many aircraft needed / whether it has the right weapons for the job. But if we used your 12 - 14 jets, you would probably need somewhere around 40-50 aircraft. Though, the Royal Navy thinks that to Operate a deep strike package takes 36 aircraft. Hence the basis of their CV design.
                        Ego Numquam

Comment

Working...
                        X