RIP Patrick Swayze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Patrick Swayze

This time its official RIP , I wonder if he will come back as a GHOST , i hope so

Actor Patrick Swayze's Dirty Dancing co-star Jennifer Grey led tributes after he lost his two-year battle with pancreatic cancer.

Stars' tribute after Swayze death .The 57-year-old star died with family members by his side.

Grey said: "Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace.

"Gorgeous and strong, he was a real cowboy with a tender heart. He was fearless and insisted on always doing his own stunts, so it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified."

Swayze shot to fame in 1987 with his performance as dance instructor Johnny Castle in Dirty Dancing, a coming-of-age story set in a Catskills resort in New York. The quirky 1990 romance Ghost cemented his status as a screen heart throb. He played a murdered man trying to communicate with his fiancee through a spirit played by Whoopi Goldberg.

Goldberg said: "Patrick was a really good man, a funny man and one to whom I owe much that I can't ever repay. I believe in Ghost's message, so he'll always be near."

Swayze kept on working even after it was disclosed that he had a particularly deadly form of cancer. He starred in The Beast, a drama series about the FBI, and said he and his wife Lisa Niemi were working on a memoir. In addition to the rave reviews for Dirty Dancing and Ghost his performance in surf thriller Point Break was well received and he was nominated for a Golden Globe for his 1995 role as a drag queen in To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar.

In 2006, he made his debut on the British stage, playing Nathan Detroit in Guys and Dolls in the West End opposite former Brookside actress Claire Sweeney. Fellow actors were shocked to hear the news of Swayze's death as they arrived at the premiere of Partir in Toronto. The film's star, British actress Kristin Scott Thomas, looked visibly shaken and distressed as she passed reporters after learning the news.

Actor Rob Lowe said he had "lost a brother". He added: "Patrick lived a thousand lifetimes in one lifetime. He was an expert dancer, he wrote hit songs, he starred in hit movies, he was an amazing horseman. But the thing I will remember him most for was his amazing love affair with his wife Lisa." Lowe added: "He played my brother twice, in The Outsiders when I was 17, and then in Youngblood. Tonight I lost a brother."
    Last edited by tankie; 15 Sep 09,, 19:35.

RIP Patrick Swayze,

he is well known in here too.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

R.I.P. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
        RIP Patrick Swayze,

he is well known in here too.
        Yes i had heard he had died in march , but i was corrected and i cant find the thread about it as i would have posted in there B/K

Comment

He will be missed....

You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Patrick Swayze was a wonderful actor and will be missed. May he Rest in Peace!!
            “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
            "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
            sigpic

Comment

Woops just heard a UK presenter on food progs has died Kieth Floyd , it always go,s in 3s huh , who is next from the TV field .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                Woops just heard a UK presenter on food progs has died Kieth Floyd , it always go,s in 3s huh , who is next from the TV field .
                Paul Burke. Played on many TV series. His best one was "12 O'Clock High" where he played a wing commander of B-17s in WW II. At least to me that was his best.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

RIP Swayze ol boy, Must admit that you had a style that many in what we call "Hollywood" could have learned from you. Particularly on how to control oneself and not be a spolied asswipe as 90% of them are today.
                  Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

rip

Comment

Swayze was a great man, he was educated in the art of dance at university. He had a great passion for all arts, including acting, and stage. He wrote and sang his own songs as well.

Swayze also admitted to being addicted to alcohol, and overcame it. He refused to give into the hollywood life, and instead stayed close with his wife.

Everyone talks about dirty dancing, and ghosts. Yes, these were his most successful films.
                      However, I think that his best film bar none, was City of Joy. I suggest anyone rent this movie, it is such a great film.

Comment

rest in peace ...

Comment

R.I.P.

For a change the press was dignified in their reporting.

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          Entertaining guy and sadly not too old.

R.I.P.

Comment

I thought he made decent movies and always maintained outside the hollywood norm. most notably the long time and solid relationship with his wife. He seems to have had a wonderful life tragically cut short. As they say, only the good die young. My condolences to his wife, who I am sure is devastated. I can't imagine the pain of losing such a longtime partner.

Comment

It was a shocker for me when I heard this. R.I.P to a talented actor and entertainer.

Nebula82.
                              Last edited by nebula82; 17 Sep 09,, 18:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X